Bad Weekend for me

Kruz

**updated pics at added **

Friday morning on my way to work I was Involved in a major crash.. going down austell road at about 45-50 mph when someone made a left turn right in front of me, no time to hit the brakes or to anything but swerve to try to miss the car.... I hit it in the front wheel area and went off road about a hundred feet, the truck i was driving (1994 gmc sonoma) was totaled compleatly!
drivers front wheel and tire folded compleatly under the floor board. it pushed the floor up to the bottom of the dash. both doors buckeled so bad they would not open. the cab and the bed seperated about 2 feet.. they needed the jaws of life to extract me from the truck... I got off easy, both ankels folded over from the floorboard comming up,but did not break. my right knee hit the dash and is pretty swollen, my left leg was against the drivers door and it made an impression in the door panel, I fractured two vertabra in my lower back, my abdomen is sore from the seat belt, and I bit thorugh my tounge... but I'm so glad the other driver is ok..(a mother and young son). she only had a scpape on her knee, and her son a scratch on his head... If I had T-boned her instead of hitting the front wheel, I think they would have been hurt real bad....
so I have to go back to the hospitol Monday for a MRI of my knee to see what is the total damage.. and the only thing helping me wright this is some Percaset for the pain... what a shitty weekend :crying4:

Sorry to hear that, Kruz. Hope things work out with your insurance company over this...

Wow!!! Glad to see you made it thru alive & predominately undamaged. Hope she has lots of insurance. Maybe you can answer the $100,000,000,000. question first hand.

Omg Mark, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're well enough to post, are you in some kind of brace or something for the vertebra? Man, that sounds like a really heavy accident and that you're dealing with so many different injuries must be hard on you. I've never had to use Percoset but I've heard it's some pretty strong stuff. Hope you're not driving after taking it.

Those Jaws of Life are pretty scary, aren't they? They're so damn loud too. How long did it take to extricate you and please tell me they put you on a wooden board to protect your back?

In regards to what Gato said about the insurance, I had the same accident you're describing, at the same speed. If she was making a left across traffic, she probably had a stop sign, right? In my case, that's what pushed the fault to her; I had no traffic device and she did. Make sure your accident report lists that somewhere.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Ohhh man, I'm so sorry about the situation but glad you're ok (or at least not with really bad injuries).

dude! i'm sorry! i know how distressing that can be and our wreck was no where near as...complicated as yours :sadhug:
you feel ok?

thanks for the well wishes everyone..
I'll keep ya updated on my condition and recovery..
that was the end of a real sucky week that started with us finding out that someone got our credit\debit card info and cleaned out our checking account the first part of the week.. we are now going over with the bank all the things that are missing, not charged by us, and canceling and renewing our card and checking, someone got our info online cause some of the purchases were made in differant countrys... it may take 90 days or more to sort it all out. the funny part is we had to use a check to pay for the co-pay of $100 for my hostpital stay on friday.... which of corse is no good because of the cancelled account...great huh??!

some impressive damage to that truck.
glad to hear there were no real serious injuries.

Got the picture in my mind....

Knowing the area... Mexi or 'merican?

How did they fare?.. I say as much because it took 2 days for our symptoms to fully manifest as well.

unclehobart said:
Got the picture in my mind....

Knowing the area... Mexi or 'merican?

How did they fare?.. I say as much because it took 2 days for our symptoms to fully manifest as well.

merican.. I guess it was a late model Saturn, I diden't see it thats what my wife said it was... very minor scratches for them

I don't know whether to say it's better or worse that it wasn't the Grand Cherokee. Better because the Grand Cherokee is still almost new, but worse because it probably would have protected you better so you would have had less severe injuries.

Back