Bad Weekend for me

Kruz said:
ya I think that qualifies as totaled... :lol2:
just last month we dropped collision on it..
I wish I could afford to buy it for scrap, and have it hauled up here.
or, did it srap the motor too?
That would be cool to try to retro-fit it in a caravan. :D

If the other person in the accident is deemed at fault, you will get paid for the truck by their insurance company. You shouldn't have to pay the damages.

Double-damn - two accidents in as many weeks.

Glad t' hear that you made it out of there in relativly good health.
Hope you get well soon and good luck with the insurance people... they're tricky, even with their eyes closed.

Wait ... I think I might be busy that weekend.

*lord only knows what these red necks would do on ice*

Rednecks are pretty good because they all have 4WD pickups. The trouble down here is that the populace has expolded 3fold over the last 25 years with umpteen million different drving styles conflicting with each other. Thats where the trouble is.

*chortle*

That's one of the first mistakes people make : thinking that 4wd makes a damn bit of difference on ice. It doesn't. Gimme a sub-compact front wheel drive with my choice of winter tires, and I'll run circles around any SUV available. What makes all the difference is traction, and inertia. Having 4 wheels pulling is wonderful, but adding the weight of 4wd defeats the purpose most of the time. And having 4 wheels pulling one way when you're sliding another ... not good at all. But most fun is stopping on ice. You're trying to stop double the mass with the same lousy 4 tires, and that just ain't gonna happen. Now everyone's gonna just in about tire widths, chains, et al ... but the truth is that tire width doesn't make that big a difference to matter. In fact, a thinner tire can dig into the snow/ice surface better than the big tire.

But there's nothing like a big, fat Suburban with 4 season tires for pulling doughnuts. No sir.

catocom said:
I wish I could afford to buy it for scrap, and have it hauled up here.
or, did it srap the motor too?
That would be cool to try to retro-fit it in a caravan. :D
the engine is still running, my wife started it up when she was taking the pics :)

Any more of this, and we're gonna part you out to Catocom. Try and make one whole working person outta the pair of you.

Professur said:
*chortle*

That's one of the first mistakes people make : thinking that 4wd makes a damn bit of difference on ice. It doesn't. Gimme a sub-compact front wheel drive with my choice of winter tires, and I'll run circles around any SUV available. What makes all the difference is traction, and inertia. Having 4 wheels pulling is wonderful, but adding the weight of 4wd defeats the purpose most of the time. And having 4 wheels pulling one way when you're sliding another ... not good at all. But most fun is stopping on ice. You're trying to stop double the mass with the same lousy 4 tires, and that just ain't gonna happen. Now everyone's gonna just in about tire widths, chains, et al ... but the truth is that tire width doesn't make that big a difference to matter. In fact, a thinner tire can dig into the snow/ice surface better than the big tire.

But there's nothing like a big, fat Suburban with 4 season tires for pulling doughnuts. No sir.

Wanna bet? Most people who drive like that...on ice...do it because they never learned to drive on ice. I did, and I still have most, if not all, of my skills. My Audi has all wheel drive, and I've yet to spin out on snow/ice, much less do a doughnut. ;)

Gato, where in any of that do I suggest an audi? For the record, the Audi Quattro was built end engineered for rally racing. Prior to it, everyone used 2 wheel drive because existing 4wd technology was too damn heavy to be fast. Nuff said.

Now, just out of curiosity, are you running 4 season tires, in Canada, in winter, on your Audi? Because I have. (not on your Audi, of course). And I managed doughnuts quite nicely, thank you for asking. Not as nice as the ones from the Suburban, mind you. But nice tight ones.

Back