Bay area stupidity...

Well.. if San Fran doesn't want federal interference...if they don't want to participate in the upkeep of the land... fine. Lets pull out the military entirely from middle California and move the dockyards to LA. Pull all civilian contracts for making military components. Pull all federal funding... roads, welfare, medicaid, scholarships, and Social Security. They can go it on their own.

Well.. if San Fran doesn't want federal interference...if they don't want to participate in the upkeep of the land... fine. Lets pull out the military entirely from middle California and move the dockyards to LA. Pull all civilian contracts for making military components. Pull all federal funding... roads, welfare, medicaid, scholarships, and Social Security. They can go it on their own.

They want the feds. Just not the DoD. What really set me off was this quote, though...

whiney dweeb said:
"We don't want the military ruining our civilian institutions," said Sandra Schwartz of the American Friends Service Committee, an organization actively opposing JROTC nationwide. "In a healthy democracy ... you contain the military. You must contain the military."

How could anyone with more than one brain cell not realize how stupid that quote is?

Well, I've been to SF on several occasions and interestingly, they aren't all howling liberals (gasp, they aren't even all gay). OTOH, they sure manage to elect some bottom-feeders with an anti-american agenda, don't they?

Well, I've been to SF on several occasions and interestingly, they aren't all howling liberals (gasp, they aren't even all gay). OTOH, they sure manage to elect some bottom-feeders with an anti-american agenda, don't they?

Point is...they think they're being pro-American when they do this.

BTW...I know they can't all be either rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth liberals or gay. They do, however condone this behavior. Kinda like moderate Muslims not speaking out...en masse...over the acts of the fanatics. ;)

Nope. Won't happen. Goes against the precedent. See South Carolina, 1860. I fully expect to see armed soldiers in San Freaksisco duckwalking the citizenry back into line under threat of death unless they sign a loyalty oath. It's the American way.

Point is...they think they're being pro-American when they do this.

BTW...I know they can't all be either rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth liberals or gay. They do, however condone this behavior. Kinda like moderate Muslims not speaking out...en masse...over the acts of the fanatics. ;)

I disagree, Gato. The ones that don't condone it certainly seem to be in the minority though. You won't really know until the next election. Plus, I'd say they're only pro-american if they can remake America in their image (just like the rabid conservatives I might add).

The Board of Education voted 4-2 to eliminate the popular program, phasing it out over two years

I found that particularly indicative. Even though it's a popular program, they're getting rid of it because that's what all the "right-thinking" people want. People like this, regardless of political bent, should never be given any power whatsoever. Unfrotunately, these are frequently the only people we have to choose from.

The upside is that the future officer corps won't have that San Fran tainted mentality.

Sure they will. The only way to properly change what you don't like is from the inside. They took over government (especially the State Dept) & now look at it. Once they take over the military (they've already started) we'll all be calling eath other commrade.

I disagree, Gato. The ones that don't condone it certainly seem to be in the minority though. You won't really know until the next election. Plus, I'd say they're only pro-american if they can remake America in their image (just like the rabid conservatives I might add).

They have voted decidely more & more & more liberal over time. They do think this way & they do believe this way. That a small minority may not does not supercede the fact that the majority clearly believes in an agenda driven leftist government.

Liberals want to change what we've had. Conservatives, rabid or not, want to let things be as they were & quit adding stuff that isn't there. The social upheavel in the last two generations have come at a great price. Let's quit changing the rules to fit individual situations (damned rabid conservative thinking)

Jeez, Mr Cleaver, I didn't need to.

Funny how paying attention helps. Nice tie though.

Liberals want to change what we've had. Conservatives, rabid or not, want to let things be as they were & quit adding stuff that isn't there. The social upheavel in the last two generations have come at a great price. Let's quit changing the rules to fit individual situations (damned rabid conservative thinking)

:laugh:

Oh that's funny. Bush has been trying to change the rules to fit individual situations since he came in office while liberals have been trying to hold onto the freedoms we've always had.

Nobody has ever said Bush was conservative. In fact, he's doing more to further your cause than mine.

Back