Bay area stupidity...

and the madness is spreading...

Just look here.

Members of Students for Democratic Society, as well as a handful of locals, marched in Chapel Hill, N.C. to protest the opening of a new army recruiting center near campus, according to the student newspaper at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, The Technician.

The paper says about 40 members of the group marched two miles from campus to the center shouting slogans like "Out of Iraq, out of our schools," and "No blood for oil, U.S. out of Iraqi soil."

One of two real students in the march, Dante Strobino, said he was there because "modern military recruiting is racist ... They prey on economically disadvantaged people to join the military."

The research-challenged author of the article said the SDS "is known for supporting peaceful anti-war movements and participatory democracy."

So...its okay to have a recruiting center, but not near the economically advantaged...:rolleyes:

Something I keep saying to these punks over and over. "You're still in school. Know why? Because you don't know everything."

They prey on economically disadvantaged people to join the military.

Statistics & damned lies.

This has been disproven, repeatedly. Folks really ought to read the whole paper instead of just the funnies.

The research-challenged author of the article said the SDS "is known for supporting peaceful anti-war movements and participatory democracy."
He left out "blowing shit up."

He left out "blowing shit up."

Not what I got, but still poignant. My take was their continued whining about the military being made up of the "economically disadvantaged", but their refusal to join up, or even allow a recruiting center within 3 miles of their school. They may as well be members of S.W.I.N.E. ;)

Not what I got, but still poignant. My take was their continued whining about the military being made up of the "economically disadvantaged", but their refusal to join up, or even allow a recruiting center within 3 miles of their school. They may as well be members of S.W.I.N.E. ;)

SDS were the folks that blew shit up (frequently including themselves, but not on purpose) during the late sixties. A lot of folks thought the SLA (Patty Hearst's kidnappers then buddies) were an offshoot. A fair amount of material in "The Anarchist's Cookbook" comes from them.

and the madness is spreading...

Just look here.

So...its okay to have a recruiting center, but not near the economically advantaged...:rolleyes:

Now, now, you're missing the point. The point is ... look how far from their ritzy homes these poor protesters had to go to do their protesting. And right into those dangerous housing developments and all. For shame. They might get mugged ... or worse .... touched *horror*

Back