BBQ bebidas

tonksy

so what do you guys want to drink?

inky and dave - whatcha wanna drink while you're here? we keep a bevy of beer but what do you drink when you're not drinking?

Don't go too crazy on the Dr Pepper, I can't stand it. Regular pop works fine with me (although I'm trying to cut down my caffeine a bit, especially at night), and if all else fails I'll settle for water. In fact, I'm drinking water right now, gets me to wake up early too.

How's the water in Atlanta? If you get diarrhea from it, would you call it Richard Jewell's Revenge?

...and me with my long trains of thought, whatever happened to Montezuma?

I don't know about Atlanta, but here in Fla., I have never seen so much bottled water sold! What is up wit that? Back home (jersey) I used to drink tap water all the time and I was fine with it!

The funny part about bottled water is that it's usually bottled from a municipal source--AKA filtered city water.

Inkara1 said:
How's the water in Atlanta? If you get diarrhea from it, would you call it Richard Jewell's Revenge?

...and me with my long trains of thought, whatever happened to Montezuma?
Our house has a massive purification and softening system sp that it comes out 99.99999999% disturbingly pure. The general quality of the city tap system is perfectly fine in my eyes. There are no hard minerals and whatnot to speak of. It's not as good as Memphis or New York water... but it still rates as a solid A-.

Nah. Can't call it Richard Jewell's Revenge. It's not kosher to name anything after a white boy in Atlanta... other than Ted Turner.

My showers might be a little longer than normal when I'm over there, then. I'm used to water you can cut a diamond with, which has one upside: it beats the shampoo out of the hair faster than you can say "ambesol."

The water in my house is so soft that it just soap all the more aggressive. It almost makes it hard to tell when its off of ya.

Do you get those hard water tell-tale signs like rust stains?

Stop Laughing said:
Don't go too crazy on the Dr Pepper, I can't stand it. Regular pop works fine with me (although I'm trying to cut down my caffeine a bit, especially at night), and if all else fails I'll settle for water. In fact, I'm drinking water right now, gets me to wake up early too.
hey man! are you staying with us? it's cool if you are, i just need to know...also, a single is okay with you?

During the long martian summer, so much CO2 frost at the north pole sublimes into gaseous form that the global pressure of Mars' atmosphere increases by up to 30%.

Mare said:
I don't know about Atlanta, but here in Fla., I have never seen so much bottled water sold! What is up wit that? Back home (jersey) I used to drink tap water all the time and I was fine with it!
I'm not sure if thats a regional thing or just a luxury thing. I see more and more people buying bottled water all the time. It used to be you would see a plastic bottle that you filled up at home and took with you to ball practice, camp, etc. Now you just grab a case of bottled water. :shrug:

Madison Avenue has once again joined forces with the ESASASA (Evil Society for the Advancement of the Stupid Ass Social Agenda) to brainwash the gullible consumer into thinking that bottled water is the only way to go. I know one brand is bottled from the "municipal supply" of my very own county...and I see local people buying it left and right!

Morons.

I have three people on probation who work at three different water bottling outfits around here. The things they have told me...

I'll just drink what we get from our well and/or city tap, thank you very much. The well water tastes tons better anyway, but wells are becoming less frequent all the time.

The H2O that chunks out of the tap here is harder than diamonds.
As a wee tot I used to go up to the cabin me pappy used to keep on the Mogollon rim (elev. 7,100 ft). The well water there was (is)
softer than a babies behind, sweet as candy. I used to get up there and after drinking it I'd upchuck for 24 hours solid! Once we figgered out what was a goin' on I drank pop or milk during my time up there.

The only way to make tap water palatable here is to run it through a Reverse Osmosis.

I agree those who buy bottled water are being taken advantage of.
I have just given up trying to get her to stop buying it, heh.

Winky said:
As a wee tot I used to go up to the cabin me pappy used to keep on the Mogollon rim (elev. 7,100 ft).
My fathers cousin was a park ranger there. Very pretty country....saw the first Durango there (I think that was in '97) doing photo shoots for promo materials.

PT said:
I'm not sure if thats a regional thing or just a luxury thing. I see more and more people buying bottled water all the time. It used to be you would see a plastic bottle that you filled up at home and took with you to ball practice, camp, etc. Now you just grab a case of bottled water. :shrug:
Eh, some people up here buy it. :confused: IMO the water here should be bottled,
and sold elsewhere. :D
Now if I go south of Macon, I won't touch it. It's all most the color of milk
it's got so much lime in it. :alienhuh:

When I think of a water bottling plant I always picture a bunch of illegal immigrants standing next to a bunch of taps filling the bottles. That said, I do use a filter.

Back