Beds

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
WHAT THE HELL????

$2200. for a friggin mattress? Kiss my ass. That is just stupid. Does the bed actually help you have sex? FOr that price, it damned well better.:grumpy:

background-my wife & I have a Califonia King waterbed. Had it for 12 or more years. Suddenly, she wants a queen size regular bed. "Fine, blow our tax refund on a bed" says I. Out comes the paper & explorer to get an idea of prices. $399. for a piece of crap twin? $1700 or more for queens & over two grand for a king? Do you people actually pay these prices? Ridiculous.

There was an ad at Denver Mattress Factory for a 800 coil queen pillowtop for $249.99. I suggested she like that one!:zap: :shrug:

I got my two twin mattresses, boxsprings and frames for $40. brand new, still in the plastic. :D

Course, they're 7 years old and we'll be shopping for new also. The prices are what stop us every time. It really is crazy, but if you think of how long you're going to have that bed and how it will affect you if it's not a good bed, it makes it a little easier for me to think about.

DON'T get a cheap bed. I speak from experience. I suffered for 3 years on a pice of shit cheap mattress. I finally, out of desperation( I was broke and crippled) went to Goodwill and bought a used "good" one. What a difference.

I'm with Q, you can save a grand or two, but you will regret it.

It's over 10 years since I bought our double. I can't remember the cost, but I got it at a store closure for a song.

Once this one's done, I'll go looking for another store that's closing.

we apid around $400 for our queen size mattress a few years ago. still a blessing after 5 years on a lousy waterbed.

Yeah, waterbeds have lost alot of their appeal, haven't they? Or is it still a must for the 18-24 age bracket?

it was an OLD waterbed. definately not motionless. soft sided. bleh. so happy to get rid of it.

I hear that some of the new air-filled mattresses are worth a look. Not the $30 Walmart ones, but the 'pro' models. Heated, load balancing, self inflating ones. I've even seen one with a speaker built into the mattress. It serves two functions. First, you can plug your alarmclock into it and get a full body wakeup call. Secondly, it can produce a low frequency sound that works as a massage.

Unless the ad was total bs.

Select Comfort is advertising like hell. Which makes me curious & cautious. Has anybody ever tried one?

thanks PT, I couldn't think of their name for the life of me

Nope. Call 'em and tell them you're doing an evaluation for a website and can they send you one to evaluate.

then post a review.

I spent around $800 for my King size mattress set. California Kings are a little smaller (between Queen and King).

I just bought a new mattress for my bedstead, a Norian pocket spring system for £150 ($245) for a single, on special offer ~ oh bliss.... no more backache... :D

About $800 for our king as well. Good quality mattress, there's a place around the corner that actually makes 'em on site.

I do not know how much was paid fo rmy mattress (it is a single) but I am told it is "a good one". Personally I am happy as a clam on the soft piece of foam on my bed here at school.

My mom however swears up and down by waterbeds. She has a queen size firm waterbed. When she goes to visit my grandparents she suffers extreme soreness the whole itme because they only have regular beds...

Nixy said:
I do not know how much was paid fo rmy mattress (it is a single) but I am told it is "a good one". Personally I am happy as a clam on the soft piece of foam on my bed here at school.

My mom however swears up and down by waterbeds. She has a queen size firm waterbed. When she goes to visit my grandparents she suffers extreme soreness the whole itme because they only have regular beds...

I get seasick and hate lying on my back in water so I'm damned if I want to suffer on my bed...

I slept on a $100 futon for years and years. My dad gave me a queen bed from a spare bedroom when he was consolidating. Can't beat a freebie.

Back