Beer-Guzzling Bear knows his Brews

MrBishop

SEATTLE (Reuters) - A black bear has been found passed out at a campground in Washington state after guzzling down three dozen cans of a local beer, a campground worker says.

"We noticed a bear sleeping on the common lawn and wondered what was going on until we discovered that there were a lot of beer cans lying around," said Lisa Broxson, a worker at the Baker Lake Resort, 80 miles (129 km) northeast of Seattle.

The hard-drinking bear, estimated to be about two years old, broke into campers' coolers and, using his claws and teeth to open the cans, swilled down the suds.

It turns out the bear was a bit of a beer sophisticate. He tried a mass-market Busch beer, but switched to Rainier Beer, a local ale, and stuck with it for his drinking binge.

Wildlife agents chased the bear away, but it returned the next day, Broxson said on Wednesday.

They set a trap using as bait some doughnuts, honey and two cans of Rainier Beer. It worked, and the bear was captured for relocation.

Source

Came back for a bit 'o the hair of the dog that bit him :D

rock on bear :headbang: busch beer is narsty!

*contemplates a lock on the beer fridge....wait...this is atlanta...a bear free zone! :D

tonksy said:
rock on bear :headbang: busch beer is narsty!

*contemplates a lock on the beer fridge....wait...this is atlanta...a bear free zone! :D

Black bears abound in Georgia.

As for the 'narsty' beer, I happen to like my busch at room temperature...And I think busch tastes best that way. :brow:

Gato_Solo said:

As for the 'narsty' beer, I happen to like my busch at room temperature...And I think busch tastes best that way. :brow:
i am appalled....room temperature busch? i just know you are joking...right? mayhap i should leave a few around as a ploy...a beer smokescreen *wanders off contemplating beer protection.

inky? :tomato: but at least that's prolly a good thing...

tonksy said:
i am appalled....room temperature busch? i just know you are joking...right? mayhap i should leave a few around as a ploy...a beer smokescreen *wanders off contemplating beer protection.
Methinks you missed the joke.

Gato_Solo said:

Beat me to it. There's at least one that makes a regular appearance at Mom's place. One of her neighbors hit another one with his truck one night about 4 years back. They're all over. Hell, they captured one in Roswell (I think) last week.

Speaking of beer, I've a couple of cans of Mongoose for the BBQ. They'll be there even if I can't make it.

Professur said:
Speaking of beer, I've a couple of cans of Mongoose for the BBQ. They'll be there even if I can't make it.

OK...I have 2 sets of questions...

My first is...what is Mongoose? Is it something my beer loving bf is gonna want to get some of if you have it?? Kinda like..."He has it! Why can't *I* have some too??" I ask this because I think you said it's very hard to get...I don't want a "Why can't we drive to *insert place hundreds of miles away* to get some honey?" type bf on my hands :lloyd:

My second is...WHY might you not be at the BBQ? WHERE are you gonna be instead? I better not be travelling all the way to montreal on a bus in the middle of the night with a bf who smells like meat (I will pick him up to go to the bus stop right from work and he works in the meat factory) and then not meet you!!! *handonhip

First off, I bought it in Hawksbury, so if you can't get it in TO, that's your own lookout.

Second, I've already told you why I might not be there. Business is hot at the moment, and I'm in demand. Or I might be 100 miles away with the kids. Or I might be at home nursing a colicy 2 month old. I'll do what I can to be there, but I'm not iron clad sure I'll be. But those cans of beer definitely will be.

Professur said:
First off, I bought it in Hawksbury, so if you can't get it in TO, that's your own lookout.

Second, I've already told you why I might not be there. Business is hot at the moment, and I'm in demand. Or I might be 100 miles away with the kids. Or I might be at home nursing a colicy 2 month old. I'll do what I can to be there, but I'm not iron clad sure I'll be. But those cans of beer definitely will be.

I don't know where Hawksbury is...but if the beer can be acquired in Toronto then I guess I'm safe...I'll just buy some before I leave...kinda like with a kid...you know they are gonna want a snack so you make sure you pack one so they're like "I'm hungry" and you're like *BAM* and you got a snack...he'll be like "i wanna try that, I wonder where he got it" and I'll reach into my bag and be like *BAM* always one step ahead!!!

I hope you're atleast in Montreal that weekend so that we can atleast cross paths and say a "Howdie" :)

tonksy said:

inky? :tomato: but at least that's prolly a good thing...

And why did you assume I meant beer? (remove the 'c' and then read it...) ;)

Gato_Solo said:
And why did you assume I meant beer? (remove the 'c' and then read it...) ;)
oh...well...:blush: in that case 98.7 is a pretty warm room...even by my standards. :p

Back