Bernie the bird

Q

So, this big white heron has been hanging around my apartment for about a week. He's pretty cool...and very friendly. If I call him, he runs right over to me. When I walk out to my truck, he follows right behind me. A couple days ago I broke up a piece of bread and threw the pieces to him. He ate them, but he didn't seem all that impressed. Yesterday I gave him some hamburger. He liked that alot better. Today he took a piece of steak right out of my hand. :eek:
I never thought a wild bird would do that. I named him Bernie.

I took some pics of him, but I can't post them till my replacement HDD arrives, so a generic Bernie will have to do for now.

Q

I'm still amazed. He's not a baby, so where ever he was living before, somebody must have been pretty nice to him for him to be this tame.

Q

I don't know too much about birds, but he looks healthy to me. I'm guessing he's about a teenager or young adult...and he likes to eat. :D

greenfreak

I thought Heron only eat fish? I guess if he's that tame, he'll eat anything that people give him. I don't know how good that is for him though.

So you got them to send you a replacement drive, huh? That's pretty cool! So does that mean you'll be IM'ing and stuff now?? No more excuses. :D

Q

Well, the broken drive won't even be arriving in Ca till next Fri :( I sent it UPS ground. 10 days. I guess they must use bicycle couriers now.:confuse3: Hopefully I'll see the new drive in less than a month.

greenfreak

You've been waiting for this for months, 10 days ain't gonna kill you :laugh:

I'm glad they relented though. Did you have as much of a fight on your hands as you thought or were they cool about it?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Now fo rthe important question...what do the dogs think of your new friend?

Q

Scrappy HATES him. Dud and Chopper just look at him, I don't think they care too much.

Greenie, I got an RMA with no problem at all. I just went to the website, plugged in the serial and part numbers to verify the warranty, answered a small questionaire and they emailed me an RMA. I'm curious now though. I did have a 3 yr warranty, with 1 yr left. Will the new drive have a 3yr or a 1 yr warranty?

Q

Great :hmm: this one took 2 years to puke...and I though since Hitachi took over IBM I might be getting a Hatachi drive...but apparently they must have a pretty big warehouse full of IBM's. I'm getting another Deathstar....yippy skippy.

Q

:mad: I could have a nice new 200gb WD for what I paid for that sucker 2 years ago....