Best Bond?

HomeLAN

Had to do a poll on this one.

I'm going with Roger Moore simpliy becuase he was the first one I saw in the theater. I'm also pretty sure I'll be the only one going with ol' Roger.

What do you think?

edit - Mods, how about a poll?

Sean Connery
George Lazenby
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
Pierce Brosnan
Who the hell is George Lazenby?

Gonz said:
Can't add a poll after the fact.

Crap. I'll never know whether it was a vagary of the board or my own incompetence that prevented me from doing it. I checked the box, but no go.

George Lazenby replaced Sean as James Bond and did one movie, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. After that Sean came back.

Yes, I know that. I wondered how many others did. ;)

I always wondered why Connery came back for one flick, then dumped it for Moore to take.

Probably thought it was ruining his career. Being centered around one particular character mentality. Tell you what though. I really don't he start "acting" until he left the Bond roles. One of his best movies was that movie about the black kid who loved to write. I thought he played that role very well. Can't remember what it was called right now.

Sean Connery...sex and toughness :)

What about the possible replacements?
Clive Owen
clive-baftas.jpg

, Ioan Gruffudd
ioang02.jpg

, Colin Firth,http://www.colin-firth.narod.ru/foto3/ColinFirth_Vespa_1457960_400.jpg
Hugh Grant
8_hugh.jpg

, Gerard Butler
jury_gerard02.jpg
, Jude Law
Jude-Law-2.jpg
and Ewan McGregor
Ewan-McGregor.jpg
Hugh Jackman
jackman.jpg
, Heath Ledger
heath.jpg
and Eric Bana
ericnew.jpg

Pierce Brosnan was my fav...is my fav...first Bond movie I saw had him in it

Timothy Dalton only did one movie too right?? I heart him too!

Timothy did 'The Living Daylights' in 1987 and License To Kill in '1989'
I'll stay with Connery, only because he was the first. All of them did a very good job in maintaining the character's aura and adding their own personal features to it. Ok, except George Lazenby :D Which was a pity because On He Majesty's... is one of the best Bond stories. The one in what he loses his wife, after all.
A curiosity. You know that Roger more is only one year younger that Connery? He did the first movie at 43, while Sean did the last at 42...

Back