Best movie scenes with a good audio system...

HeXp£Øi±

I just picked up a new TDK subwoofer that thumps(believe it or not). Sounds simply beautiful with my Boston acoustics tweeters and mids. Just a few scenes i love to listen to cranked up...

When they fire the viper off the chopper in blackhawk down

The sonic charges going off in attack of the clones

The Octopus & Cave troller scene in LOTR. The low frequency base kicks ass(think i'm seeing a pattern here).

The meteor shower in New York at the beginning of Armageddon sounded pretty good on my system.

Star Wars: TPM - The pod race is orgasmically good and has some really low shit in it. Hell, all of Eps I & II are excellent on the ears, especially the fight/battle scenes.

Ice Age - there's this <20Hz "WHUUUMP!" I nearly took my house down with yesterday. Generally very good audio throughout, although that's the same with alot of CGI stuff - FF, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Antz etc.

Minority Report - The pulse/sonic gun. Fuck me that's some tight shit!

U-571 - got some unbelievably low stuff in it. You might actually lose sphincter control during the depth charge scenes.

TitanAE - pretty phat bass all the way through.

Cast Away - the plane crash.

Saving Private Ryan - the beach landing and the bit at the end with the tanks... both have shitloads of LFE and make stuff fall off shelves. Also very good surround content throughout.

Fifth Element - the Diva sequence is pant-wettingly delicious.

Fast & The Furious - decent all-round workout.

The Matrix - the green WB splash at the beginning and the "WUUUUMP!" after he lays the smack down on Agent Smith are both good on a decent sub. The lobby scene and the bullet-time bits are amazing surround demos.

Apollo 13 - the launch. If you have decent kit your house will actually fall apart at this point.

Black Hawk Down - generally excellent audio throughout.

:headbang:

Those are the ones that spring immediately to mind. Have a look here. Some good and bad suggestions there. Plus, download and run some of these if you have a PC hooked up: http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3

Apollo 13 - the launch. If you have decent kit your house will actually fall apart at this point.

i know what you mean yeah :D it's SO great when those 5 F1 engines fire up together :eek:
the music prior to the launch is quite amazing as well

One of my absolute favorites that i forgot to mention are the racers/bikes(whatever they're called) in return of the jedi. You know in the forest. Not a lot of base but that high pitched scream is the closest thing i've ever had to an audio orgasm.

The dropping of the ring in lotr has a tendancy to blur your vision as it vibrates the house at 30hz.

Back