Best utility programs out there, IMO.

Aunty Em said:
Thanks, I did a bit of research before I chose that one... apparently with a normal router the connection speed of each port depends on how many ports are in use - with all 4 ports in use that would be 1 quarter of the total connection speed - 25Mbps, but this router allows each port to connect at full speed - 100Mbps. :)

I'm just waitng for their proconnect integrated 2 port KVM to arrive - scheduled by tuesday. I'm using a manual data switch at the moment, which works fine but occassionaly when switching between comps I have to reboot because the mouse becomes disconnected, especially after a long period on stand-by. It's also quite big and I don't have a lot of space...

Well, seeing as how most cable and DSL connections are betweem 384kbps and 3mbps, 25 mbps per PC wouldnt be that big of a problem ;) But for file transfers and whatnot on your own LAN, you are right.

I've had the Linksys router with the 8 port switch for about 3 years now, not had one problem with it, though I am thinkjng about replacing it with a Cisco 1720. Not because the Linksys had anything wrong wit it, but just so I can play with the Cisco.

rrfield

Yes, I particularly wanted it for file transfer. I plan to connect a wireless access point to the uplink port to link in the rest of the computers in the house eventually.

Back