betta

Dave

just bought a betta fish.
acclimateing him now.
$3 fish.
$25 supplies.

i've got a 75 gallon aquarium tank just begging to be used, but never had fish before. (the tank housed an iguana) so this will be my starter fish.

bettas like shallow, still water, Spot. They do ok with deeper water, but don't create too strong of a filtration or airation current....

i got a small acrylic tank. if i can keep this one alive, i'll upgrade.
i need a hobby. :)

You'll be at the aquarium store every week now. It always starts with just one fish. :)

i was thinking of a lot of plants and lots of tiny,colorful fish for the 75 gal tank.

Both :D (Sea men) for the aquarium, which they got by "this one guy was generous and gave me all I wanted. All I had to do was close my eyes and suck it out of a hose pipe" .... lol...

I managed to keep a jap. fighting fish for... 5 months or something like that.

Couldn't find him in all the algae. He turned green.

Want to have some fun? Get a piece of clear plexiglass, and a piece of black plastic. Place in center of tank as to divide it into two parts. Next step, get another beta. One on each side. For the fun part, remove the black plastic for a few seconds.

LOL you can accomplish that trick with just one betta fish and a mirror...they're not all that smart :lol:

Yeah, I used to do it to my sons all the time. They get freaking HUGE when you do it too, it's pretty cool.

Back