Bi-ness

you know, i stopped and thought about this for a good bit just to make sure i wasn't being insensitive and here's what i've come up with. i hate when people try to act like me because they think it's cool. i mean, family and close friends, sure...we rub off on each other. peoples own quirky characteristics and sayings are contagious to people that spend time about them, and in the media...everybody can do an adam sandler impersonation, right? waterboy? mama say...and it would be understandable for adam sandler to be annoyed by this.....but this is sexuality we are talking about, you can'y lay claim to sexuality. just be yourself and who gives a shit what the other people do. the way that trends come and go, everyone is bound to be trendy a couple times in their life. dem's da berries.

Aunty Em said:
I admit I'm old-fashioned though and prefer monogomous relationships, but that doesn't stop me from feeling attracted to other people of both sexes... I just don't act on it when I'm in a committed relationship. :)
My sentiments exactly Em! I prefer a monogomous relationship, but still find myself attracted to some men and some women. I am not sure I would classify myself as "bi" (do we even need classification?), but if an opportunity arose and I was interested in a particular woman, I would act on it.

SexyBoo said:
My sentiments exactly Em! I prefer a monogomous relationship, but still find myself attracted to some men and some women. I am not sure I would classify myself as "bi" (do we even need classification?), but if an opportunity arose and I was interested in a particular woman, I would act on it.

does anyone need to be classified? people are people

Aunty Em said:
Then they obviously don't understand what the term bisexual really means and are confusing it with being lesbian. I admit I'm old-fashioned though and prefer monogomous relationships, but that doesn't stop me from feeling attracted to other people of both sexes... I just don't act on it when I'm in a committed relationship. :)

I am the same way. I am not poly in anyway. I am very attracted to people sometimes, but I know how much I am committed to my man. A lot of my gay friends decided that since I am dating a man I am somehow different. Oh well, that just means they weren't my real friends.

PrincessLissa said:
I am the same way. I am not poly in anyway. I am very attracted to people sometimes, but I know how much I am committed to my man. A lot of my gay friends decided that since I am dating a man I am somehow different. Oh well, that just means they weren't my real friends.
Many militant lesbians that I've met have a severe prejudice against anyone who claims to be bi. They say bisexuality doesn't exist, that we just don't accept that we are lesbian. If I remember correctly there are supposed to be 14 degrees of sexuality from totally hetero to totally homo, but I can't remember which psychologist put forward the theory. It's a very big issue with them, I'm assuming because they feel it undermines their position politically. I've had more problems with them than the straight community, one reason I don't go to lesbian clubs.

princess there are gay men who do the same. thankfully the friends I have that are gay are cool.

Militant lesbians get on y nerves. I am all for whatever they want to do, sexualy, politicaly, family, all that stuff. But because I still can fall in love with a man the same as I could with a woman makes me an "outsider" fish in thier little pink ocean. I wish it wasn't that way. If they are going to fight for thier equal rights to open about thier sexuality, than why do they demand that I not be. I should have to choose one way or the other. Many of them though simply roll thier eyes as they think I just wanna have "fun" with girls. As I said before, many of them think that girls claim to be bi cause of the sexual curiosity or attraction and nothing more. Maybe they just need to look further, but I spose they have thier right to gerneralizations just as I do. And trust me, I have many about them.

Hmmm. So let me get this straight.

A lesbian is someone who likes women and hates men, and a bi is someone who likes women and likes men.

So the definition of a lesbian is to hate men???

Professur said:

And women who like women, but like men too - especially men who like women who like women liking men while liking women too.

militant lesbians are just as bad as the damn homophobes. if i wanna screw around with girls "just for fun" it's none of their fucking business...they are not the sex police any more than the schmucks on the 700 club. gosh darn it, if i wanna fuck the pillsbury dough boy that's my prerogative! best thing anyone can do is be accepting...that and stand back so they don't get any flour on themselves....

tonks said:
militant lesbians are just as bad as the damn homophobes. if i wanna screw around with girls "just for fun" it's none of their fucking business...they are not the sex police any more than the schmucks on the 700 club. gosh darn it, if i wanna fuck the pillsbury dough boy that's my prerogative! best thing anyone can do is be accepting...that and stand back so they don't get any flour on themselves....

Pillsbury doughboy?

some lovin straight from the oven?

your sick!!!

talk about a yeast infection

tonks said:

:lol2:

Imagination overload :retard5:

Millitant lesbians just piss me off............. I usually just give 'em a "Hitler" salute and speal off the "purity of the race" piss-take speech.

None of my lesbian friends actively hate men.......they just don't want to shag them :shrug:

Professur said:
Hmmm. So let me get this straight.

A lesbian is someone who likes women and hates men, and a bi is someone who likes women and likes men.

Militant lesbians yes. Most of the lesbians I know don't hate men, they just don't want to horizontal mambo with them. Militant lesbians hate men and hate it when one of "thier kind" gets with a man. I know a few girls who have turned thier shoulder to me since I am not riding in the pink canoe with them. I dunno, I just assume they weren;t my real friend since they knew I was not lesbian and that I was bi when they first met me. But when they first met me, I was bi and with a woman, now I am bi and with a man. I dunno, my head hurts and I''m hungry. Maybe I'll think about it later. Than again, maybe not.

Back