Blair in doubt...

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
So... I guess we dust off Saddam and give it back to him?

Not the point, and I think you know it. :p

Done is done, the question is accountability for questionable actions.

unclehobart

oh piffle paffle ... the accountability, ethical, and questional threshold was pushed off of a three story building ages ago. To me, everything has been a sham ever since the Magna Carta.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'll be more than happy to join your parade just as soon as you answer me a few questions:

1)Did Saddam Hussein use NBC's in it's war with Iran?

If so-he had them.

2)Did Saddam Hussein use NBC's in it's war with Kuwait?

If so-he had them.

3)Did Saddam Hussein sign a treaty giving the United Nations full, unfetterred access to his country until such a time as the UN deemed appropriate?

4)if yes to #4, did part of that mandate require Saddam Hussein to make available & allow the UN to destroy any weapons on a list? How about destroy said weapons, in country (so to speak) & provide proof they were destroyed? Did Saddam Hussein follow this (or any of the subsequent) mandate(s)?

and finally;

5)Where are the weapons NOW?

Bungi

Gonz said:
I'll be more than happy to join your parade just as soon as you answer me a few questions:

1)Did Saddam Hussein use NBC's in it's war with Iran?

If so-he had them.

2)Did Saddam Hussein use NBC's in it's war with Kuwait?

If so-he had them.

So... by your reasoning...

3)Did Saddam Hussein use NBC's in the Iraq war?

If not so-he did not have them.

Bungi

It Gets Better and Better and Better!

The wheels are really falling off the Bush war-wagon now:

ICWales said:
Former US Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill said he never saw any evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

"In the 23 months I was there, I never saw anything that I would characterise as evidence of weapons of mass destruction," O'Neill said. "There were allegations and assertions by people.

"But I've been around a hell of a long time, and I know the difference between evidence and assertions and illusions or allusions and conclusions that one could draw from a set of assumptions," he said.

ICWales

This O'Neill fellow is proving quite useful don't you think Gonzo?

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
oh piffle paffle ... the accountability, ethical, and questional threshold was pushed off of a three story building ages ago. To me, everything has been a sham ever since the Magna Carta.

Hard to disagree but you'll excuse me if I get offended when the pres sends American troops to die for personal reasons and whine about it? :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bungi said:
Either used, destroyed or buried long ago, leaking inside plastic bags, and forgotten about.

Holy shit Bungi, I thought I was dense these days. YOu missed this part
4)if yes to #4, did part of that mandate require Saddam Hussein to make available & allow the UN to destroy any weapons on a list? How about destroy said weapons, in country (so to speak) & provide proof they were destroyed? Did Saddam Hussein follow this (or any of the subsequent) mandate(s)?

BTW, I watched part of the 60 Minutes program last night. O'Neil looked & sounded completely idiotic (the words of my Bush hating sis-in-law)