bootable cdrom based linux distro

Mirlyn

I need one for a project which uses the network (static/dhcp addressing) and NFS mounting for imaging computers......would like something smaller than Knoppix...any ideas? :)

RescueCD is nice....links' at work, sorry, but it comes with a bunch of testing utils (~57mb ISO :headbang: ) . I think I have demolinux at work too, still playing with what will be the best platform.

I'll keep you posted with what we end up using. Currently we have a hacked version of RH boot floppies (2) doing the job, and we're looking for something smaller (faster) yet bigger (more options). ;)

Here ya go

Knoppix

Description: This Linux distribution runs entirely from a bootable CD. Data on the CD is uncompressed on the fly, allowing them to fit 2 GB worth of system and programs on one CD, including a complete X server, KDE and Gnome, and large packages like OpenOffice and The Gimp. Since it runs solely off the CD, Knoppix makes an excellent portable Linux demo or system rescue disk, but its completeness makes it a good general purpose distribution as well.

download

Back