Both a love and a lifestyle

I'm still trying to fathom the idea of actually buying an entire fridge just to keep beer in. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, considering how many wine refrigerators I've helped load this summer.

Now that I think about it, though, I'm the same guy who had a mini-fridge in my dorm room under the desk, in addition to the microwave/fridge/freezer supplied with the room. I didn't even have to get out of my chair to get a can of Dr Pepper.

well, the fridge was a bargain at $50 from one of my regular customers who were moving and with food for 4 people in the main fridge it gets kinda full.

in college, my roomy worked for a delivery company, so when someone had a new fridge delivered, he took their old one, and set it up in our carport.

that was one hell of a kick ass beer fridge :beerbang:

i miss those days!

Good lord.

Taking current stock of what is in the beer fridge, I was shocked to note that there was 27 types of beer in there. Some good, some bad, some exquisite, lots of Christmas/seasonal ales. I should work up a list and possibly a review.

These are only the beers that we have onhand. There are others like Petrus and John Courage that were freshly emptied and unable to counted amongst the living.

A truly comprehensive list of what Tonks and I have killed off over the last 6 months would make any alcoholic proud.

1. Ommegang ... very tasty. New York brewer.
2. Hobgoblin ... one of our favorites. English.
3. Sam Adams ... now considered to be a light beer to us now. Boston.
4. Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale ... part of a holiday pack.
5. Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic ...only found in the holiday pack. oh so very good.
6. Sam Adams Winter Lager... Spicy and dark. Very nice.
7. Sam Adams Light... For a light beer it is still quite potent. Came in the holiay pack.
8. Sam Adams Holiday Porter... Haven't had one yet. Holiday pack.
9. Sleeman Honey Brown ... Canadian
10. Sleeman Cream Ale
11. Sleeman Original Dark
12. Samichlaus Bier ... 14% Best beer I have ever had. Austria.
13. Bert Grants Imperial Stout.. decent.. Yakima, Washington
14. Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout... very good, very strong. Fort Bragg, California
15. Old Stock Ale... one of our favorites. very strong, very expensive. Fort Bragg, California
16. Corsendonk Christmas Ale... Very nice, very dark. Belgian.
17. Wee Beast... its ok... Scottish
18. Thomas Hardy Ale... insanely rare and expensive English ale. Very delicious. The brewery supposedly no longer exisits.
19. Three Philosophers Belgian Style Ale... most excellent. slight cherry flavor. New York
20. Konings Hoeven Quadrupel... top notch. very strong. Belgian
21. Bison Gingerbread Ale... new aquisition. Haven't tried yet.
22. Delerium Noel... A Christmas ale we haven't tried yet. Belgian.
23. Hennepin... another selection from the New York Ommegang brewery.
24. Ect Kichenbier ...bleh
25. Union Smile ...Its corn so I haven't had it. Everyone says that it tastes terrible. Slovakia... I think.
26. Moonshot.. nice artwork... caffeinated beer... sucks.
27. Tsingtao... corn beer... Chinese
28. Caguama ...weak... Mexican

Mooshead is a corn beer. I wouldn't be able to drink it. Its up to Tonks to desire its presence. The new open market is bringing in so many new things to try that we rarely back up to the old school brews.

kuulani said:
Tsingtao is corn beer?
Does that mean its off-limits?
Very much so. In fact, all japanese, chinese, korean beers are corn style adjunct lagers. Most of the worlds output is off limits to me. That is why you see so many expensive small market crafted ales. Those are the only ones that as a rule never play with mass production additives.

No. I did not realize that.

buuuut.... if you want me to drink elsewise, you need to nudge your exporters into sending stuff south that isn't corn adjuncty. I'm off limits to Molson, Moosehead ... all of your broadbase brands.

the tsing tao is mine for when we have fish for dinner. i like an asian beer with my seafood. i like moosehead but i'm more of a stout girl (pun, unfortunately applies :( ).

Back