Bowling for Columbine

IDLEchild

Ok I know I am years behind but I recently ended up watching this movie.

What a fucking travesty this film is. I am liberal, hell I am very liberal but also conservative in many regards but this movie is offensive to all sides.

I am sure many of you members have seen it....were you just as appaled at this idiot fest? The few good points this movie raises are so bogged down in incredibly irresponsible sensationalism that it's downright mind boggling.

I walked away with 0 respect for Michael Moore and more respect for Canada.

Sharky

Did you have any respect for Moore before you saw the film?

What do you think of Morgan Spurlock (Chalk, Supersize Me, Where in the World is Osama Bin Ladin, 30 Days)?

Sharky

both those guys are jackasses.

they are too busy moralizing to take a clear view of things.

I have some respect for Spurlock because, in my opinion, A: he does his homework and B: he presents the subject in as neutral a position as possible, allowing the viewer to form their own opinion. Moore bends the truth and mangles facts to support his position.

JTP

What Sharky said-
Spurlock is the more objective documentarian.
However, Moore made a good point about how the Canooks have a more open society- don't lock their doors. They ain't as paranoid as folks down here. Hell, my Ma is a lock-and-key, burglar alarm fanatic. Her burglar alarm system probably cost more than anything else in her house! Like she's got anything worth stealing! She seems to think the country is overrun with theives. I think she watches too much television.

IDLEchild

Did you have any respect for Moore before you saw the film?

What do you think of Morgan Spurlock (Chalk, Supersize Me, Where in the World is Osama Bin Ladin, 30 Days)?

I never knew too much about him before.

As for Spurlock, his documentary annoyed me too. It's not a documentary really...it's a viewpoint. Also, anybody who was shocked that eating McDonalds 3 times day causes near death needs to be neutered.

IDLEchild

What Sharky said-
Spurlock is the more objective documentarian.
However, Moore made a good point about how the Canooks have a more open society- don't lock their doors. They ain't as paranoid as folks down here. Hell, my Ma is a lock-and-key, burglar alarm fanatic. Her burglar alarm system probably cost more than anything else in her house! Like she's got anything worth stealing! She seems to think the country is overrun with theives. I think she watches too much television.

Yeah but who wants to steal from Canadians? If I was a thief I'd much rather steal a more interesting flavor than vanilla.