British royalty discovers McDonald's unhealthy

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
In other news, Diana was prettier than Camilla

Prince Charles suggested Tuesday on a visit to the United Arab Emirates that banning McDonald's fast food was crucial for improving people's diets, a British news agency reported.

Charles made the comments while visiting the Imperial College London Diabetes Center in Abu Dhabi for the launch of a public health campaign, The Press Association reported.

"Have you got anywhere with McDonald's? Have you tried getting it banned? That's the key," Charles was quoted as asking one of the center's nutritionists.

A McDonald's spokesman, Nick Hindle, called the remark disappointing. He said other members of the royal family "have probably got a more up-to-date picture of us," alluding to reports that Charles' son, Prince Harry, was spotted eating a chicken burger at McDonald's in 2005.

But...but...if he bans McDonald's, who will the English sell all them stale old muffins to? :shrug:

Why would Charlie suggest jack shit for the UAE? SO, like a good British monarch, he thinks that slowing capialism is a good thing.

I don't seem to recall the British being known for healthy eating habits, with or without Mcdonald's.

I don't seem to recall the British being known for healthy eating habits, with or without Mcdonald's.

balderdash!

me bacon butty had lettuce AND a tomatoe!

i just poured a glass of wine, and am off to get a coupla pizzas fer those what want it in the office - (we're working late making a new website telling the world how great we are - not a straight face nor dry eye in the house! :rofl3: )

now that's much healthier than a kebab! :bgpimp:

Why would Charlie suggest jack shit for the UAE? SO, like a good British monarch, he thinks that slowing capialism is a good thing.

Elizabeth I ???

pirates into pivateers?

Good ol' bess had her nonce screwed on ... little else was screwed ...

Ya, my English professor had us all join him for a nice English breakfast at a college we were visiting once. I still shudder when I think of it.

whatcha have?
The bits I recall are toast - chewy white bread, and bacon - salty and soggy. Tea that was.. ew.

And grease. Oh Lord, the grease.

(The rest of our mornings we enjoyed rye bread and edam cheese in our room. And decent tea.)

But the grub in the pub was pretty darned decent, I must say.

The bits I recall are toast - chewy white bread, and bacon - salty and soggy. Tea that was.. ew.

And grease. Oh Lord, the grease.

(The rest of our mornings we enjoyed rye bread and edam cheese in our room. And decent tea.)

But the grub in the pub was pretty darned decent, I must say.

I'd bobbit ya english professor - fukka don't know shit about a good english breakfast!

(if he still complains - bang that limp exhibit A into his mouth!)

so, what's a (good) scandindian breakfast?

I'd bobbit ya english professor - fukka don't know shit about a good english breakfast!
Oy, blame the wimmin-folks who were cooking it up, not him, he just gave us the directions! :grinno: They had a variety of stuff, but I chose as little as possible just to get me through the first part of the day - until I could stop by the shop nearby for a mini-pizza. :grinyes:

so, what's a (good) scandindian breakfast?
Hum, in my home it's a cup of nice tea and bread with brown cheese. Or oatmeal porridge with apple.

Oh, and Insult not my English professor!! :grinno:
He retired the year after I took his class, and I consider myself damn lucky to be among his last batch of students. He might be a bit set in his ways, and have his quirks, but he's a pretty cool guy. Here's to you, Martin! :toast:

no offence intended. :)

Wow! brown cheese! well you learn something new everyday...

( ... course you probably, on average, forget two or three things every day too, but ...)

Back