British troops say attacked by U.S. "cowboy" pilot

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
A.B.Normal said:
I'm less than impressed with the killing of the Canadians ,but firing at British & Iraqis when they are expressly forbidden to threaten civilians and it happened in Daylight :( If the British weren't there it would never have been reported ,wonder if this has happened to Iraqis when nobody is around?

I doubt that Iraqi civilians are being murdered that way, A.B. Iraqi TV, Al Jazeera, et al, would already be all over that story.

The A-10 pilot had no excuse for strafing an unidentified target. Those bastards fly 'low and slow' just so they can actually see their target before they fire. The first pass could be, in the realm of possibilities, an accident. The second pass was most definitely not accidental. I believe the UCMJ still has the death penalty as an option for just such lunacy...

sbcanada

Gonz said:
Night, live fire, men with weapons,

Is that any excuse for bombing friendlies who's weapons posed no threat to the aircraft, who were not shooting at the aircraft, and who were in an established allied training area and had gone through all the appropriate procedures prior to heading out? I read it's the pilot's responsibility to know where those sites are before they get in the cockpit. Those U.S. pilots were even told not to fire. I think U.S. pilots need a little more training and a lot less "go pills."

I seem to hear a lot about U.S. forces killing/wounding allies... It sure would be nice to hear someone else like the Brits or the Canucks killing a friendly for a change. Then maybe I wouldn't be so anti-American. :D

P.S. I hate the American government and its military, not the U.S. people in general (they are on a case-by-case basis). :p

unclehobart

Law of averages, sb. Were 80% of the aircraft in the theater. Over time that should make us have 80% of the accidents. Is it any wonder that most of what you see is from Americans?

Aunty Em

sbcanada said:
I seem to hear a lot about U.S. forces killing/wounding allies...

Professur said:
The brits have taken out some of their own too,

Kinda makes you wonder if this had something to do with no-one else volunteering to join the party. :eh:

unclehobart

I'm not mad, Auntie. Its just an incomplete thought.

Besides... 'cowboy' pilots are generally Texan, which are known as 'shitkickers', not rednecks.