brokeback mountain

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
All that I was expecting: a film that seems old for those of us who have seen more than american films. Photography is fine and so is the acting.

The ending makes it seem like it is an european film (i.e. not conclusive).

Inkara1

Well, when something's stupid or otherwise sucks, instead of high school kids saying, "that's gay," now they say, "that's brokeback."

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I can't see John Wayne or Clint Eastwood starring in something like this.

Man I'd like for Hollywood to release a real honest-to-God western, with straight people and realistic cowboys and lawmen and bad guys and maybe even some cows. The studios built their empires off the old westerns, now all they want to do is cram homosexuality down our throats (pun intended).

Luis G

Staff member
catocom said:
I'm homo-allergic. I can barely think about the concept without spewing.

Not to step on your shoes, but you know that homophobics are potential homosexuals, right?

catocom

Luis G said:
Not to step on your shoes, but you know that homophobics are potential homosexuals, right?
I didn't say I was "homophobic". They don't 'scare' me, they make me sick because of My values/ethics.
I said I am "homo-allergic". I think they are off in the brain.

Luis G

Staff member
Ohh ok, I misunderstood.

I think it is disgusting too, but not too much.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:

Everybody is a potential anything. Actions, not words, mi amigo.

AlladinSane

The movie is OK. Good photography, excelent soundtrack. Heath Ledger does well. But the storyline is common. If it was with a straight couple it could have end on oblivion. Overall good movie, but far from great.

millie

I have not seen this film but read the reviews and seen the trailers, over here in the UK there has been a huge hype over the intimate scene between the guys the media have made it such a big deal. Can anyone tell me was it that bad or was the hype all for nothing?

Luis G

Staff member
millie said:
I have not seen this film but read the reviews and seen the trailers, over here in the UK there has been a huge hype over the intimate scene between the guys the media have made it such a big deal. Can anyone tell me was it that bad or was the hype all for nothing?

The guys 'sex' scene was not nearly as explicit as the hetero scenes you get on many movies.