building a home

kuulani

The kids love it ... they've actually been sleeping in their own room the entire night instead of crawling in to squeeze with us ... woohoo!!

Plus, we have SPACE now!! The size of my bedroom (with the master bath and walk-in closet) and the kids room is probably as big as my old house was ... so now that we have a 3-bed, 2-bath house - we're going crazy with the space!

greenfreak

It is much more fun to fill a lot of space than to cram, isn't it? :D You also have more wall space to put up photos and art and stuff, right? Are you wall hanging kind of people? We put up our first piece last weekend (a small curio cabinet) and fucked it all up! :laugh: I spent this week spackling, respackling, sanding, priming, painting and painting again. ;)

kuulani

I just put up a bulletin/dry erase board. I must've measured the board three times and the wall a few more times before I drilled the screws in the wall to make sure it matched the holes on each side of the board and that it was level :eek8:

kuulani

Yup ... and I measured everything right :D

Right now I'm hanging up picture frames and I can't find my hammer, so I'm nailing everything in with my jar of guava jam :nudge:

nalani

it's quiet, sad and lonely on my end of the compound *pout* .. just the skittles and me ... but now that Ku'u's place is empty, aunty wants to renovate our two houses and make them into one house ... wonder if that's gonna be a 4-year project like Ku'u's :D

nalani

Yup ... and I measured everything right :D

Right now I'm hanging up picture frames and I can't find my hammer, so I'm nailing everything in with my jar of guava jam :nudge:
you are such a dork .. why didn't you just come grab my tools? LOL