Bumper Nuts

Camelyn

I went shopping for halloween costumes for the girls this Saturday. In the parking lot, there was this truck, with what I thought looked an awful lot like bull testicles hanging from the back of it. I thought "how cute....", and dismissed it as a one-time thing.

Lo and behold, driving my daughter to girls scouts tonight, what do I see dangling from the back of the sunfire in front of me? You guessed it, plastic testicles.

So of course, when I get home, I hit google (car testicles) and find this....

Bumpernuts

I thought men bought the fast cars to show how big their balls are....I didn't know men also bought big balls for their cars....

You've never seen those before in the almost-two years you've been here??

They have chrome plated or steel (didn't get out and feel 'em to find out which) ones too.

allnutz_small.jpg

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Bulls_Balls/bullsballs_trucknutz.htm

They even come with veins, assorted colors, chrome, patriotic, camo, even mini pairs for your keyring.

I have no idea why, but hey, if you can make a buck or three off it, more power to you.

And why, exactly, do you know so much about bumper nuts? Do you have a secret stash you've been keeping from me?

And why, exactly, do you know so much about bumper nuts? Do you have a secret stash you've been keeping from me?

Nah. They'd scrape on the Mustang.

Checked the Explorer lately?

* sits back and watches Cam's paranoia take over and go check* :D

Nah. They'd scrape on the Mustang.

Checked the Explorer lately?

* sits back and watches Cam's paranoia take over and go check* :D

I'm guessing you've got a comfortable couch.

Y'know what's worrisome about these? One nut hangs lower, just like on the real thing. That means that either someone spent a rather disturbing amount of time on the detail, or they're made from a cast of the real thing.

Shoot, bumper nuts are old-hat here in East Texas. You usually find them on big-ass, 4x4 tricked-out trucks that have never been anywhere near the true off-road.

Good to see some things never change.

Two grand in Monster Mudders & the only mud they see is at the stripclub on mudwrestling night.

I saw this story once on people complaining to the Washington DMV about people's personalized license plates. One person complained about a Ford F350 with those nuts on the back, with a license plate that said "STROKIN."

The guy that owned the truck explained to the DMV that it was paying homage to his truck's engine... the Power Stroke Diesel.

Back