Bushisms.....

markjs

Banned
These are real quotes from America's proud leader George "Dubya" Bush. God help us all!

There ought to be limits to freedom."
-- George W. Bush, complaining about a website (www.gwbush.com) critical of him, at an Austin Press Conference, May 21, 1999, quoted from www.gwbush.com and the Democratic Alliance, "Yes, They Really Said It!"

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." - GW Bush.

"More and more of our imports come from overseas."
G.W. Bush

"Nigeria is an important continent." - GW Bush

"Do you have blacks, too?"
-- George W. Bush, meeting with Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso; allegedly, in this incident, reportedly witnessed only by members of the White House Press Corps, Condoleezza Rice was present and jumped in to save Cardoso from having to answer, informing Bush that in fact Brazil is home to more blacks than any country outside Africa (unverified: November 2, 2001?)

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
-- George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2, 2000

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." - George W. Bush, June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

"As young Americans, you have an important responsibility, which is to become good citizens."
-- George W. Bush, in a June, 2001, letter to British students at Oakhill College in Lancashire, England: had they been Americans, wouldn't they already be citizens? Quoted from Randy Cassingham, "This is True" (24 June 2001).

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say, well done. And to the C students, I say to you: you, too, can be president of the United States."
-- George W. Bush, receiving an honorary degree at Yale, quoted from Newsweek, June, 4, 2001

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
-- George W. Bush, Florence, South Carolina, January 11, 2000, quoted from Michael Klein via Humour-Nette

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
-- George W. Bush, Townsend, Tennessee, February 21, 2001, quoted from Jacob Weinberg, "The Complete Bushisms"

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
-- George W. Bush, half-joking about his transition in Washington, D.C., December 18, 2000, quoted from CNN, "Bush to meet with Clinton as Cabinet building continues"

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it."
Source: BusinessWeek Online, July 27, 2001

"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."
-- George W. Bush, St. Louis, Missouri, October 18, 2000, quoted from Jacob Weinberg, "The Complete Bushisms"

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."
-- George W. Bush, CNN online chat, August 30, 2000, quoted from Jacob Weinberg, "The Complete Bushisms"

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
-- George W. Bush, Greater Nashua, New Hampshire, Chamber of Commerce, January 27, 2000, quoted from Michael Klein via Humour-Nette

"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."
-- George W. Bush, using a loaded term which recalls the Christians' Medieval wars against Muslims in the so-called Holy Land, after stepping off the presidential helicopter on Sunday, September 16, 2001, quoted from Jonathan Lyons, "Bush enters Mideast's rhetorical minefield " (Reuters: September 21, 2001). Bush later apologized for this remark.

"Take the life issue. This issue requires a president and an administration leading our nation to understand the importance of life. This whole faith-based initiative really ties into a larger cultural issue that we're working on. It begins to affect the life issue, as well as the human dignity issue, because when you're talking about welcoming people of faith to help people who are disadvantaged and are unable to defend themselves, the logical step is also those babies."
-- George W. Bush, unaware that a press microphone was on, telling Roman Catholic "faith-based" subsidy supporters that they are "vital allies" because they won't "be eroded by political correctness or whatever," and assuring them that his scheme to give tax money to religious groups will help them promote opposition to legal abortion, at the White House on January 31, 2001, quoted from Margaret Sykes, "Bush Caught on Tape -- Again: Says he'll use tax dollars to help religious groups oppose abortion," About Pro-Choice Views, February 1, 2001

"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president."
-- George W. Bush, quoted from Aaron Latham, "How George W. Found God," George Magazine, September, 2000

"There's Adam Clymer, major league asshole from The New York Times."
-- George W. Bush, to running mate Dick Cheney, who replied, "Oh, yeah, big time," at a campaign rally in Naperville, Illinios: both were unaware that the podium microphone was on, quoted from CNN, "Bush uses expletive to describe Times reporter," September 4, 2000. Karen Hughes, the communications director for the Bush campaign said, "It was meant to be a whispered aside to his running mate. It was not intended to be a public comment." Duh!

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically."
-- George W. Bush, plugging (and unwittingly providing material for the second edition of) Weinberg's book, The Complete Bushisms, at the Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 29, 2001. Bush probably meant to say "misunderestimating," a word that he has used in public speech. Quoted from Jacob Weinberg, "The Complete Bushisms."

"We must have the attitude that every child in America -- regardless of where they're raised or how they're born -- can learn."
-- George W. Bush, New Britain, Connecticut, April 18, 2001, quoted from Jacob Weinberg, "The Complete Bushisms"

More to come? Of course...we still have two more years of stupidity.

Taken from
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~jpriskor/bushisms.htm

How can anyone supprt this man? I got two people on my trillian contact list who do....I like them but pity them too.

Anyone picking on someone's use of grammar and mistakes like that with the intent of insulting that person should look on his own life. Trying to demean someone just for fun and to make him look stupid are just low. The man is not perfect, for crying out loud. Who is? I make mistakes. Worse mistakes than calling Nigeria a continent. My grammar is never perfect.

By far most of those mistakes are just minor slip ups. Its easy to make. I do it all the time. But I am getting sick of people trying to pick on another person because he isn't perfect. Yes he has an important job, but he has advisors, and one's mastery of the English language does not dictate whether you have a sound mind for reasoning or not.

The above isn't even funny just because of:

These are real quotes from America's proud leader George "Dubya" Bush. God help us all!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: As if whoever wrote that does not mistakes. :rolleyes: Yes I support him. Yes I would vote for him in 2004 if I could.

Arh man, reading it again, I just can't see the comedy in picking on someone's mistakes like that. I know I don't like people doing it to me. I guess it takes a real loser to write something like that.

You know, after Googling, I can bring up the same kind of stuff on Clinton, Gore, Blair, etc. And myself. I won't post things like that though, because I really don't see the comedy in it or why anyone is taking it seriously.

EDIT: This actually gave me a good idea... I'm going to write something like that about myself. I can pretty much fill books with it. It should be interesting :D

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

That's not a grammar mistake, thats a bit of the inner working of a sick mind. The man actually thinks God himself wanted him to be president. Jerrek there is little doubt you are a Bush supporter, and obviously you are blind to reality on the subject, so any amount of logic will fail on you. But I guarantee you you will not find 1/10 of the volume of stupidy quoted from Gore, Clinton, and Bush Sr. combined. Reagan might have given a run at Bush's stupidity level, but I am sure you couldn't find as much idiotic stuff that came out of his mouth either. Bush is a joke worldwide, and has next to zero respect on the world stage. Don't believe me? Go to some places where you can chat with foreigners and ask them what they think. He's the worst president we've had this century and I am not even close to along in thinking so.

I'd also like to say I am not a democrat, though I side with them more often. If you want to know who I'd have chosen as president it'd probably been Al Gore, but I also think John McCain would have made a fine president. McCain is twice the man Bush can ever hope to be. We find Bush's comments to be more scary, yet still funny, those of us that find it humorous, but the man cranks it out like nobody's business. every day he makes another stupid quip. How can one resist?

" He's the worst president we've had this century..."

.".....this century...." :rofl: Looks like your starting your own list of funny quotes markjs...

markjs said:
Go to some places where you can chat with foreigners and ask them what they think.
Go to those same places and ask them what they think of Americans... Lets take Germany for example. They don't like Bush at all (Hitler eh?). Now ask them what they think of Americans... Do you trust that judgment? Nah.

I think Bush is doing pretty good so far. He DID liberate a country AND bring down a dictatorship so far. Clinton did shit. Bush Sr. brought liberated Kuweit and saved numerous other countries in the middle east, including Saudi Arabia. Reagan brought down communism himself by raising the stakes so high the commies fell off the boat. And yes, I do think that Reagan was the best president in the last 50 years.

But I guarantee you you will not find 1/10 of the volume of stupidy quoted from Gore, Clinton, and Bush Sr. combined
OK, you seem to be an expert and well studied in the field of other people's mistakes and stupidity. I will take your word for it.

That's not a grammar mistake, thats a bit of the inner working of a sick mind.
Oo, then I have a sick mind, because I myself have wondered how it would be to run a dictatorship MY way. If you haven't though of it, um, ... start thinking. I think a lot and it stimulates my mind.

The man actually thinks God himself wanted him to be president
Who says God didn't? You can't disprove it and you can't prove it.

Bush is a joke worldwide, and has next to zero respect on the world stage
So does Americans... Right-wingers that like guns and prefer minimal government influence, little welfare, and supports Israel have less than zero support. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that we are doing the right thing regardless of the rest of the world. And Bush (AND Reagan) actually had the guts to do what they know is right. /cheer

markjs said:
every day he makes another stupid quip. How can one resist?
I can actually look past things like that. I make twice as many mistakes each day, or even more. I guess I'm a bigger loser then.

I usually don't even like to comment at all concerning anyone holding that office. It doesn't matter who it is, whether I voted for them or not. I find it's better not saying anything.

OK I'm convinced, I am now a far right goose stepping republican all the way...you can go home now.

Squiggy said:
" He's the worst president we've had this century..."

.".....this century...." :rofl: Looks like your starting your own list of funny quotes markjs...

OMG that was awesome. Obviously takes one to know one! :D

*giggle* tis funny :D

Any one notice that if someone is in power, the populas tends to make fun of them (even if the powerful person makes it really easy)?

Anyone want to make fun of mr?? :D

for those in the uk the current bbc2 satire 'deadringers' is doing a fabulous dubya take.
'kin funny :D

:lol:

Attachment(s):

mini-me.jpg, 37.81kb

7_1038742507.jpg

Back