Bust open the doors.

IDLEchild

Whats with the sudden onslaught of members being online?

Not that it is a bad thing by any means but before this upgrade hardly 11 members use to be on at anytime but now there are 27 on at once excluding the guests.

Is it the upgrade that brought back the masses or did people just turn their invisibility off?

Just an onservation.

Camelyn

Neither. There is a lag between the time that you log off and before you disappear from the "Who's Online" list. I think we guestimated about 40 min or so before you drop off.

Edited to add: From the Who's Online list last activity stats, looks like it may be more like 2 hours....

Kawaii

My guess is that it's a combination of both. I think a lot of people want to test the new site and therefore stay longer than usual.
Edit: Or what Cam said.

Oz

40 mins? Fuck.....that's almost twice as long as my server gives me before droppin' me on me arse :D

Oz
Neither here nor there

Inkara1

From the timestamps, I'm guessing it's more like 150 minutes, or maybe even three hours. Checking the "who's online" right now, it's 12:30 p.m. according to the bottom of the page and there was a guest viewing the "day after thanksgiving sales" thread at 10:05 a.m.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That is a side effect from setting the session length to 3 hours to keep people's new post indicators from turning off when they have had an interruption in browsing (such as actually having to work :eek5: ) or are reading a big long thread.

I fixed the who's online display before the upgrade by just changing the who's online code to select sessions from the last 15 minutes (like a "normal" board) - and that code was reverted back to using the same setting as the session length when I uploaded the latest version of the files. It's on my to-do list... :beerbang:

tonksy

cool beans....but you know what? you know how on the bottom of a thread they used to have a thinger that took you back to the main index? can we have that? i liked that...you could always just hit back but i don't know if that would be a refreshed version...but i guess how much of a pain in the butt is it to do that myself....christ, i'm lazy.