But it plays well in Canada

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Dixie Chicks cancelling shows in...DIXIE!!

1. I abhor these skanky sluts, and really don't care if they live or die.

2. I also abhor 90% or more of country "music" as a genre.

3. I find it positively hilarious that a group calling themselves the Dixie Chicks are cancelling shows in Dixie, while rescheduling the dates in Canada and Australia. (The link does not mention the reschedules; I heard it on the local talk radio station. Put knee back in socket.)

4. Why is this happening? Select from the following five (5) choices:

A. It's a reaction to their traitorous political stances.

B. It's a reaction to the fact that they suck as musicians/singers.

C. It's step one of their grand scheme to defect to a more hospitable realm.

D. Who gives a shit as long as they're not near me?

E. All of the above.

*SnP searches radio for some Blackfoot...

Ramabanana didn't play instruments. They just grimaced musically (to steal a line from the Billy and the Boingers auditions).

Billy and the Boingers Rule!

Re the Dixie Chix, ill timed, in poor taste and not particularly bright but hardly traitorous. I'm ashamed that he's from the same country as me. Felt the same way about the last one too.

SandP said:
2. I also abhor 90% or more of country "music" as a genre.

That's why I keep a well suply of CDs and tapes around...If I don't like what is on the airwaves I plug in the CD..

Tell me about it. I lost over 700 of them and around 2100 LPs. Dammit.

Slowly rebuilding the collection. Up to just about 100 now. A drop in the proverbial bucket though.

I think it's kinda stupid to hate musicians or actors because of their political views.

That being said, Dixie Chicks don't fall into either of those categories, and even if they did, the tripe they put out would be adequete reason to not listen to them.

For me it is not their political views but how they went about it..
If the comments were made on American soil it could be diferent...

I could care less about their politics or what they say. I liked some of their early stuff but hadn't heard anything from them in ages.
I disagree with most celebs on most things so I base mu opinions on their "product" alone.

Professur said:
I hope you're making offsite backups this time.

Not having access to a warehouse for storage hinders that undertaking.

A snafu arising from a transfer in the insurance office we use resulted in all my offsite documentation being either misplaced or otherwise mishandled. That won't happen again, and I have left word for the responsible party to watch his back.

I figure it this way. If it happens again, it ain't meant to be and y'all can find me a nice remote secluded Southern rubber room somewhere in which I may be housed until the cruel hand of fate deems my suffering to be over. Once is enough thankyouverymuch.

highwayman said:
For me it is not their political views but how they went about it..
If the comments were made on American soil it could be diferent...

The initial apology was stupid. It was made far worse by then saying, "WE TAKE IT BACK, WE DON'T APOLOGIZE." It made them look like bigger fools than they already looked.

I hate the dixie chicks, but I hate country music as well.

The fact that they used their "celebrity" politically, well everyone does it, but they have to realize...don't talk politics at work.

They play here in canada cause...well we have country music fans here, and they mostly don't really care about US politics.

Back