Buying advice needed.

catocom said:
Actually you only need 25' on the cat 5. There Are 8 wires there. ;)
I've got a 2.1 set running that way with just one 1/8 stereo jack on each end
and still have 5 wires left. :swing:

PuterTutor said:
Pfft. Amateur.

Now I've nothing left to say. 'Cept I can bring some, if you want it.

Inkara1 said:
You don't happen to have a Sirius antenna around there unused do you? I could easily bring my plug-and-play tuner over to either shorten the cable run or use the FM transmitter, but it would be too much of a pain to undo how I've got the antenna mounted (the spider webs do such a great job of holding it down) to bring it too.

Oddly enough, my house seems to be in a no-reception zone for satrad. It's one of about 3 spots around here where my antenna won't pick up shit (ain't that just my luck). Otherwise, I'd bring my boombox home. I live on streaming audio at home.

catocom said:
or I can bring the one I've already got made.
I think it's close to 25'

Do you still need it long term? If not how much you want for it? I can pick up 2 more minijack ends on the cheap.

HomeLAN said:
Do you still need it long term? If not how much you want for it? I can pick up 2 more minijack ends on the cheap.
I wouldn't know where tp begin pricing it. You can have it. I can always
make another. ;)
I'll pull it, and measure it, and let you know to see if it'll work.
I think I've got about 800' left of cat 5 if I need to make a longer one.

Nah, don't do that, particularly if you're still using it. I'm just gonna buy the ones in chcr's link. That'll do 'er.

eh, is on the comp in my lab man. I just use it periodically when I'm going to
be over there for a while working on a comp or something.
I'll go ahead and measure it anyway. I don't have it like stapled up there or anything.

Just like in everything. It's not the feet you have that they care about. It's the inches you don't have.

HomeLAN said:
Oddly enough, my house seems to be in a no-reception zone for satrad. It's one of about 3 spots around here where my antenna won't pick up shit (ain't that just my luck). Otherwise, I'd bring my boombox home. I live on streaming audio at home.
Car antenna too?

I laways thought it a little strange that my receiver instructions said to point the antenna towards North Dakota (not literally but that's what they basically translate to) considering almost every other satellite goes around the equator.

Car antenna too. It's like my house is a little satrad black hole. I've had to rely on streaming at home since day 1.

Are there any hills near your place, or big trees?

I found the drive-thru at In-N-Out burger is a satellite radio black hole too.

Back