Buzz Beer comes to life?

MrBishop

Caffeine beer to liven up drinkers
Ben Farmer
trans.gif
A NEW beer laced with as much caffeine as half a cup of coffee could prove to be the perfect pint for drinkers struggling to stay awake in the pub after 24-hour licensing laws come into effect.

BE, produced by the Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch, has gone on sale in America and if successful is expected to be exported to Britain.

NI_MPU('middle');The drink, pronounced “B to the E”, where B stands for Budweiser and E stands for extra, is 4.5% alcohol and has 54mg of caffeine.

Containing fruit flavouring, ginseng and guarana, a tropical berry, it is aimed at young drinkers already used to mixing spirits with energy drinks such as Red Bull. Nathaniel Davis, the brewmaster who designed the drink, said it had an aroma of blackberry, cherry, typical hop and malt flavours, rounded off with a slightly sweet and tart finish he describes as the “wow factor”. American nutritionists have warned, however, that as both alcohol and caffeine are diuretics, drinkers could end up more dehydrated than usual and with worse hangovers.
Source

Get drunk, stay up, get drunk again :D

Obviously MADD is against it, doctors aren't terribly happy about mixing stimulants with depressants, and several others aren't too happy about adding an addictive substance to an alcoholic drink.

Comments?

If it's from the folks at Budweiser, they need to worry less about adding caffeine and more about adding something to make it taste like anything except swamp piss.

SouthernN'Proud said:
If it's from the folks at Budweiser, they need to worry less about adding caffeine and more about adding something to make it taste like anything except swamp piss.
What he said.

MrBishop said:
Source

Get drunk, stay up, get drunk again :D

Comments?

I've done that. Actually just about everytime I got drunk there towards the end.

That's called a blackout, because you probably won't remember much, even
though you are still awake, and doing things.

I did that for years in college I think. I passed classes I don't even remember taking somehow. Now, instead of 6 pack abs, I have the 12 pack gut. :crying4:

It's not just Bud though... Coors and Molson are getting into the game.

In Univ., I usually either had coffeetea (bag of tea seeping in a cuppa joe), or Jolt cola and caffeine pills. Study food :D

I don't drink to get sauced anymore...I drink to relax, or with meals. If I want to relax, I don't see myself adding caffeine as 'helpful', ya know?

BTW...The Molson equivalent is supposed to have 6.9% alcohol

MrBishop said:
It's not just Bud though... Coors and Molson are getting into the game.

In Univ., I usually either had coffeetea (bag of tea seeping in a cuppa joe), or Jolt cola and caffeine pills. Study food :D

I don't drink to get sauced anymore...I drink to relax, or with meals. If I want to relax, I don't see myself adding caffeine as 'helpful', ya know?

BTW...The Molson equivalent is supposed to have 6.9% alcohol

I hate to break this to you, but using alcohol as a drug to relax is a bad sign. I drink beer as a beverage.

Back