Cabo Wabo Tequila

How much is Jose for a 1/5?

Cabo Wabo has three grades: clear, blue, and gold. They were going for 34, 44, and 54$ a bottle respectively. Even my top drawer whiskey only rates about 66$/bottle. Is a tequila possibly wirth that much a bottle?

I remember one ultra rare tequila with a crystal decanter that had a hand molded cactus in full color coming up from the center that was exquisite. That was selling for 225$.

*sigh* the last bottle of jose i bought was in 1999......don't remember the cost. but it's no where near what you quoted, i believe. i remember i had a friend who bought back some 'desert tequila' ...a liquor (sp?). it was interesting but too sweet to chug :shrug:

I havent had tequila in 14 years because I remember hating the hell out of it... but I am willing to chalk it up to being a young, inexperienced palate as well as probably being a shit grade of brw to begin with. I was just wondering if it was worth getting something so darned expensive just to have a top notch choice for an experiment.

go buy a little flask of jose and see what you think. you'll get the gist of it. i wouldn't waste the cash on the expensive bottle until you know you'll like it. when i was drinking, i consumed an alarming amount of jose cuervo...it tastes warm.

Cheaper grades of tequila, like everything else is usually junk. Find a good one & it's almost like finding a good brandy. Sippin' not slammin'.

I have no favorite (well, Cuervo 1800) 'cause I like ta-kill-ya to get high on :shrug:

hmm...maybe gonz can help you better, but to me warm is the best way to describe the taste.....it has a slight nasally quality as you first drink it...it can be harsh if you are not expecting it...do you know what i mean?

Yeah.. sounds like bad whiskey. Regular whiskey can be nothing more than a burn and be utterly devoid of character. ... but then I found Bookers Best. That is a GOD burboun... true barrel .. uncut ... proof varies from 100-130 .. but sooooo flavorful... and sooo smooth ... I want to buried in one of its casks.

SPINBOTT.gif

Thud.gif

I'm not very good on tequilla :eh:

Hell no I can't describe the taste. It tastes like teqilla, that's all I know.

Go buy a bottle of 1800-it won't kill you & it isn't shit.

unclehobart said:
Yeah.. sounds like bad whiskey. Regular whiskey can be nothing more than a burn and be utterly devoid of character. ... but then I found Bookers Best. That is a GOD burboun... true barrel .. uncut ... proof varies from 100-130 .. but sooooo flavorful... and sooo smooth ... I want to buried in one of its casks.

yeah, bourbon is ambrosia.... I like single barrel aged 15 years or more...there are more than a few like this out there...

Wish I could drink tequila :( Had it twice and both times were near disasters; the first time I became physically paralyzed from the neck down for about 10 minutes. Never knew such panic. Eventually pulled myself together and forced it out of my system. The second time I had some it threw me into such an intense depression I found myself driving on a highway calculating the most effective trajectory for a fatal crash with a truck.... Needless to say, I stay far away from tequila now.

Wine, on the other hand, is a happy drink! and bourbon is, well, sex in a glass.... :D

Best tequila is made by Herradura (get a bottle of Selección Suprema and you'll find out), period.

Cuervo 1800 is indeed a very good tequila, the flavour is strong and warm and it doesn't feel like it burns. The colour of it is great and the smell is kinda amaderado.

Regular Jose Cuervo is not bad, but it isn't very good either.

Here's a question for you tequilla guzzlers.......why do (did) they put a worm in the bottle? :confused:

not relly sure why exactly but it absorbs alcohol.....and guess what? they make lollipops with it, too!

tonks said:
not relly sure why exactly but it absorbs alcohol.....and guess what? they make lollipops with it, too!

Does that poor girl know she is about to lick a cricket?.....

Alcoholic lollipops sound cool tho' :)

Back