Can I get a handclap

unclehobart said:
1. Cutting them off the effing frog usually helps :D.. that or skewers if they're sadistic fresh. B.) I would have to say Lodge if you meant company brand... or a medium saucepan if you meant type.

2. Both wet style sauces that I know from NC and Memphis are tomato based and relatively sweet. NC stlye is really sweet as its mostly brown sugar. Memphis style relates closer to worcestershire flavors. Memphis is also knows for dry rubs over wet sauces in many cases. I didn't know which way you meant. Macon on the other hand is a pork base with mustard sauce

3.I fear that being too close to the big city deprives me of much fishing knowledge... but it would seem that minnows would be my logical choice as a bad bait.

4. Aww crud... lets see... black at the funeral... green drapes after the war ... the first scene of the movie... hmmm... I seem to remember that sucker being white with green tones in it. I saw it about 2 months ago.

*ahem*

1. Put them in salty water and soak for at least two hours before frying to reduce the jumping effect. And always use an iron skillet for frog legs.

2. NC sauce is mustard based; Memphis is dry rub, and Macon is thick smoked sauce.

3. Minnows is correct. Trout will not eat minnows as a general rule. Many places make night crawlers illegal, but trout love worms.

4. Green dress is correct.

Not too bad...for a city boy! :lloyd:

Funny... I've never seen mustard sauce in NC... and the only sauce I've eaten in Macon is mustard.

I'd have to claim a mulligan on the BBQ question as my food allergies have denied me all forms of BBQ over the last 7 years. My memory has faded.

I did say Lodge pans... and theyre all iron.

Back