Can psychics really see the past/future?

waltz1982

I’m sure everyone has seen the signs for “$5 Psychic Readings” in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help.
What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking
trials?)

I’m not an expert myself on the topic, but I’ve been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It’s on Wednesday’s at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

Give me $5. & I'll tell your future. Give me $20. & I'll guess even harder.

I still do not quite know what to think about all of this. I have no faith in most...but some stories do make me wonder.

I don't know if they can really see the future, but I do know that they get pissed off if you ask them for the winning lottery number. :shrug:

Do I believe that real psychics exist : yes
Do I believe that most psychics are fakes : yes
Do I believe that they can tell the future : no
Do I believe that they can communicate with the dead : perhaps

Real psychics don't make a spectacle of themselves.

i don't think there's anything too mystical about it... and i'm not to keen on the life after death business

but i do think there are some people that are extremely perceptive, or empathic, and the can sense enough about a person to make educated guesses as to where they might be at and were they're going

Professur said:
Do I believe that real psychics exist : yes
Do I believe that most psychics are fakes : yes
Do I believe that they can tell the future : no
Do I believe that they can communicate with the dead : perhaps

Real psychics don't make a spectacle of themselves.

i think everyone has psychic abilities, but the abilities of some are better developed.

as for those who sell their "service", i don't know what to think of them. i think the majority are likely fake. anyone can pull shit out of their heads.

i think there's more to divination. like tarot cards, runes, scrying, tea-leaves, etc...
especially if you know how to do it yourself. if you do your own reading, then you know it's accurate and can better discern if it makes sense and is relevant to YOU. if you know how it's done and pay attention while having your reading done by another, you might be less likely to get tricked.

but as for people just charging money for a "psychic reading"... most of them are likely very fake.

My feelings lie pretty much between Prof and BrownJenkins.

I'm open to pretty much that anything could be possible. :shrug:

Haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that it's anything other than a sham. :shrug: It may be possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

i had read my own tarot for a while, and it told me that even tho stuff was bad and i was not living well at the time, it would get better.
and i went to see a psychic at a place, and she told me the same thing.... weird.

(this was, like, 5 years ago)

i'm told that that's probably a pretty common answer, tho.
but still, it matched what my own reading had said.

don't beleive anyone can see the future at all ever.

remote veiwing sure, read minds maybe

see teh past, why not?

see the future, no.

I don't beleive in fate destiny, I think the future is unknowable, it has not been written or scripted yet

When I was working as a barman the manager booked a psychic to come into the pub and do customer fortune telling etc.

She got really upset when I got the giggles and told her to use her crystal ball when she had to phone the pub for directions on how to find the place :eh:

Oz said:
She got really upset when I got the giggles and told her to use her crystal ball when she had to phone the pub for directions on how to find the place :eh:

*lmao*

paul_valaru said:
don't beleive anyone can see the future at all ever.

remote veiwing sure, read minds maybe

see teh past, why not?

see the future, no.

I don't beleive in fate destiny, I think the future is unknowable, it has not been written or scripted yet

pretty much agree with ya there...no one can predict the unknown future. I think its a wild guess that has to do have alot of studying on certain subjects and then its what they think, like for example....Nostradamus....

Back