can someone help me find (a) specific japanese character(s)?

BlurOfSerenity

cheese. in japanese that's chiizu. i have searched far and wide, on the web, for the character(s?) that spell it in japanese.
i could probably find it in a book, and i know they have accessable books of such things at my school library (probably at the public library too...), but right now i can't get to any books.
i will definitely research any responses further, tho... to make sure they're completely accurate...

i would like to know this so that i can get a tattoo of it.
if you think that's stupid, then you don't know my love for cheese :p

ooh!!!!!!

can someone find "cute" for me, too? cute = kawaii.

KAWAII CHIIZU!!!!!!!

*takes this opportunity to pelt cheese at our own Kawaii*

kourei!!! (heartfelt thanks)

Ash, there ain't many things in this world that worry me.........but I think you're becoming one of them :alienhuh:

i once saw a tattoo of a smilie face made from two fried eggs and a strip of bacon...that was odd to say the least...makes cheese look quite blah. :shrug: at least ash'll be original.

ahh, well she probably walked in there and said, "tattoo beautiful goddess on me!!", likely having done no research on her own :p
when you trust someone too much with that, then you almost deserve what you get. (imo)

hey, ash, looky what i found!! *pats self on back* :D :D

CHEESE!

now you can make a tattoo of cheese, Edam cheese, cottage cheese, smoked cheese, natural cheese, Parmesan cheese, process cheese ...

kuulani said:
hey, ash, looky what i found!! *pats self on back* :D :D

CHEESE!

now you can make a tattoo of cheese, Edam cheese, cottage cheese, smoked cheese, natural cheese, Parmesan cheese, process cheese ...

Link doesn't work.

ERROR EXIT: Method not POST

:shrug:

Ash - from what I remember from my Japanese... Chitzu and Tsuchi are both made with the same characters and both are two-character words.

Chi - looks like a downward stroke which curves to the right...kinda like the curve of a woman's hair (my mnemonic for it - chi (sounds like she), looks like women's *she* hair

Tzu - looks like the lower-letter t, but there is a loop halfway down the downward stroke, on the left side. (my mnemonic for it - tzu-perman!!! - looks like ol' Supe doing a fancy T in the sky)

gimme a sec and I'll pshop something quick.

MrBishop said:
Ash - from what I remember from my Japanese... Chitzu and Tsuchi are both made with the same characters and both are two-character words.

Chi - looks like a downward stroke which curves to the right...kinda like the curve of a woman's hair (my mnemonic for it - chi (sounds like she), looks like women's *she* hair

Tzu - looks like the lower-letter t, but there is a loop halfway down the downward stroke, on the left side. (my mnemonic for it - tzu-perman!!! - looks like ol' Supe doing a fancy T in the sky)

gimme a sec and I'll pshop something quick.

Taint pretty, but it'll give you a better idea of what to look for

kuulani said:
*tries again*

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?1Q%A5%C1%A1%BC%A5%BA_1_

edit - it's a different link than the one from above ... that one doesn't work for some reason. this page doesn't let you see all the different cheeses like the first one did, but it's still CHEESE :D

You can use the search at the top of your link and type in cheese
heres what I got maybe this link will work(Do'h nope doesn't work)

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?1E_1_

フロマージュ (fr:) cheese (fr: fromage) [G][GI]
エアダムチーズ (n) Edam cheese [G][GI]
カテージチーズ cottage cheese [G][GI]
コテージチーズ cottage cheese [G][GI]
スモークチーズ (n) smoked cheese [G][GI]
ナチュラルチーズ natural cheese [G][GI]
パルメザンチーズ Parmesan cheese [G][GI]
プロセスチーズ process cheese [G][GI]
乾酪 【かんらく】 (n) cheese [G][GI]
チーズ (n) cheese; (P) [Ex][G][GI]

I don't see Bishes character anywhere :alienhuh: