Can they use it in court

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Google is heading down the path of evil

Google Inc. is experimenting with a new feature that enables the users of its online search engine to see all of their past search requests and results, creating a computer peephole that could prove as embarrassing as it is helpful.

Activating Google's "My Search History" service, unveiled Wednesday afternoon at http://labs.google.com, requires users to create a personal login with a password. Users of Google's e-mail, discussion groups and answer services can simply use their existing log-ins.

AP

don't get your feathers ruffled. for one thing, it's a voluntary feature. the spin on that story is 180 deg from what i read yesterday. i'm not too concerned about them adding one more feature that could allow them to gather information about me, considering that they can probably extrapolate more about me than i know my habits than i know about them, they have my email, and if their intent were insidious i'd be in a lot worse trouble than if they know how many times i've searched for 'huge tatas dripping with ketchup'. As it is, I'd rather have entrust google with my mail (and other mineable info) than my ISP, they provide an excellent service and their advertising is great, it's about the most unobtrusive advertising i've seen in a long time.

tommyj27 said:
don't get your feathers ruffled. for one thing, it's a voluntary feature. the spin on that story is 180 deg from what i read yesterday. i'm not too concerned about them adding one more feature that could allow them to gather information about me, considering that they can probably extrapolate more about me than i know my habits than i know about them, they have my email, and if their intent were insidious i'd be in a lot worse trouble than if they know how many times i've searched for 'huge tatas dripping with ketchup'. As it is, I'd rather have entrust google with my mail (and other mineable info) than my ISP, they provide an excellent service and their advertising is great, it's about the most unobtrusive advertising i've seen in a long time.
Ditto. Except for the tatas dripping with ketchup thing, that's just weird.

Back