Canadian Broadcaster Suspended

Radio-Canada suspended her for breaching internal regulations that stipulate employees are not allowed to express their opinions on controversial issues.

Ever, or just when reporting on the story?

the media banned from intelligent response ??? ...ok ..let me rephrase that ;) ... the media banned from commentating?

...ah... it's Canada ...:D

...i blame de french ya knows! ;)

One of Canada's top television reporters has

Christine St-Pierre, a veteran Ottawa correspondent for French-language public broadcaster Radio-Canada, wrote an open letter to Canada's 2,300 troops telling them to ignore mounting criticism of the mission.

Umm ... yeah,credibility is kinda shot there . I had to google the name just to find out who she was,not what I'd call "top" ,maybe veteran.
:: Christine St-Pierre ::

Born with St-Roch from the Alder plantations, in Quebec, Christine St-Pierre obtained a baccalaureat in social Sciences of the University of Moncton, in New Brunswick. She also continued studies in demography, economy and constitutional law.

She undertook her career in Radio-Canada in 1976 in Moncton, as recherchist with the radio. 1978 to 1983, it is a journalist for the radio and television in Quebec. 1983 to 1992, it is a journalist with the radio, then with television, Montreal. In 1992, it becomes parliamentary courrierist at the office of the French National Assembly in Quebec, then in 1997, with that of the House of Commons in Ottawa, where it collaborates regularly in the Point.

It in particular covered several federal and provincial election campaigns, the referendum of 1995 in Quebec and the lawsuit in dismissal of Bill Clinton to the American Senate.

Christine is member of the Association council of journalists and was sworn for various committees, of which that of attribution of the Gemini Prices.
translated from http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/dnc/c_st-pierre/c_st-pierre.html

Either something got lost between the translation (she works for a French Station) or they chose not to use the term veteran because of the support for the troops (might confuse people who don't realize two words spelled the same can have different connotations.)
St-Pierre told La Presse she knew she had gone too far and said she could no longer be objective when it came to reporting on events in Afghanistan.

Seems she got what she wanted.

Imagine, newsmax put a great big spin on the story. Their not usually known for that :laugh:

actually the same story(wording) appeared on Yahoo and Reuters ,about the only places her named appeared when I Googled her,so I'm not sure where the story originated.

Five Canadian soldiers were killed last weekend, prompting ever louder calls for Ottawa to review the mission.

Damn, I wish the US cared about our troops that much.

Back