Canadian cigarette labels are the best.

Jeslek

Banned
Hello smokers...

:D This label cracks me up everytime I look at it. For those of you that stopped smoking, sorry to bring this up. For those of you that smoke, sorry to remind you of it. :D But seriously, what is your take on these labels? Think it is a good thing? Bad thing?

4impotentlow.JPG

5poisonlow.JPG

8mouthlow.JPG

i'd like that cigarrete packs have that sort of warning by now, unfortunately, it will have to wait 'til next year.

Wish the cigs had warning labels like that when I was 15, never would have started.

We've got the labels here too (less pictures though, just huge white pieces of text), but that doesn't bother anyone, we usually put a label in front of it: "Smoking causes ash" and stuff like that :D

I don't believe that those labels will actually prevent people from smoking. I did not smoke the first 18 years even though there were much less warning signs everywhere, just because I was raised with the idea that smoking was just bad, and the ironical part is: I started smoking around the time the labels were introduced here. Not because I wanted to do something 'forbidden', not because I needed it (still don't need it, honestly), but because it makes me feel good and I want it. The only thing that would keep me away from smoking is if they would raise the price by 500%. Other than that, I don't care about the warnings...

Psycho said:
We've got the labels here too (less pictures though, just huge white pieces of text), but that doesn't bother anyone, we usually put a label in front of it: "Smoking causes ash" and stuff like that :D

Yeah, sadly we have those other labels too, like "Bla Bla Bla" and "Smoke can cook meat". They couldn't counter back with something intelligent half the time :rolleyes:

We've had those warnings for a while here as well. Stuff like, "smoking can cause cancer" and "smoking can cause heart dissease" etc.

If they want to put the honest truth on there, they should say stuff like, "smoking causes twice as many rest breaks", or "smoking causes death breath" :rolleyes: :D

(I'm gonna cop it for this :eek: )

LastLegionary said:
Psycho? You too? :crying6:

Sorry to say: yes. Although I'm more of a weekend-smoker, I think of smoking the same way as I do of alcohol: it feels good, but take it easy, and never use it 'because you need it'...

So you smoke when you're with your gf? Does she enjoy the taste of a stale ashtray?

Back