Canadians forbidden to enter this post

Erm, what?

I have five aunts and nine uncles. I'm in the habit of identifying people and relatives by a specific characteristic, so that I'm not really posting any specific information, and the aunt that's here is the only one of the bunch that was born and raised in Ireland, so that's become her OTC designation.

Since nobody here knows any of them, you could have said MY AUNT and nobody would have been the wiser.

Betcha wish it was the Uzbekistani aunt or the Nigerian uncle, huh?

what the knob is wrong with Irish Aunts?

betcha GLAD it's ya irish Aunt heh T?

I remember when me gran died ...and the wake in some corner pub near the docks just off bootle (Liverpool) ..lots of great aunts and whatnots over from Ireland .. i was only a wee fella mind, could hardly just get me head above the bar at the time ... but luckily, that, was apparently the bar as it were that night ... and me mum let it be (largely) ... never seen me dad drink so much before though! :D

That was a big turn out - though thinking back possibly more for me dad than me gran? well, let's call it a bit of both, huh.

anyway ... you gotta problem with Irish Aunts Pal? :grumpy:

what the knob is wrong with Irish Aunts?

betcha GLAD it's ya irish Aunt heh T?

I remember when me gran died ...and the wake in some corner pub near the docks just off bootle (Liverpool) ..lots of great aunts and whatnots over from Ireland .. i was only a wee fella mind, could hardly just get me head above the bar at the time ... but luckily, that, was apparently the bar as it were that night ... and me mum let it be (largely) ... never seen me dad drink so much before though! :D

That was a big turn out - though thinking back possibly more for me dad than me gran? well, let's call it a bit of both, huh.

anyway ... you gotta problem with Irish Aunts Pal? :grumpy:

I think Gonz's point was ,why the need to differentiate ,when nobody is able to tell the diff any way.After all "A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat".

Maybe because there's more people on here than jsut the clueless and many of us actually know whether there's more than one aunt in NY and this is for us? Maybe because the Irish aunt is a favorite as opposed to the non-irish one who's not? Maybe because the Irish aunt habitually brings cash for the kids, or is a better cook, or is actually a 20 year old hottie married to his 48 year old uncle?

I think Gonz's point was ,why the need to differentiate ,when nobody is able to tell the diff any way.After all "A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat".

ah well .. fer sure ... i read that underneath there ... :grinyes: ..but you can't expect me to not going jumping in now can yeh?

anyroad - nowt wrong with a bit of description!

you're right Prof - me dad used to chaperone lots of me aunties (who were all slightly older than him) ...15 or 16 at the time etc as i recall the tales ... on both the protestant and catholic marches and whatnot ... ah, the orange and the green ... didn't seem to matter too much to my 'great aunts' :grinyes: ..plenty of bribes for me dad to 'stroll on by' ...

Well, it's an interesting fact that she lived in Ireland until her mid 20s. None of my other aunts have.

She's just an all-around awesome person. Her story is very long and I don't think I could get through it without crying, so I'll leave it for another day.

East coast this time. Just got back from a 1 month trip down the American east coast. I'll be on the east coast for at least another year now.

Back