Canned Salmon?

PrincessLissa

*puke*

Erik's mom just gave us a can of this stuff and I am scared to even look at the closed can.

What do we think of this? Yes, no?

PrincessLissa said:
Erik's mom just gave us a can of this stuff and I am scared to even look at the closed can.

What do we think of this? Yes, no?

Oh hell yes!

Salmon croquettes with pepper gravy . . . yum!

Are you kidding me? Eat every bite and drink the liquids left over. Damn good stuff.

King Salmon cheeks are THE most scrumptious!

It has bones and skin in it Lissa. If you don't pick out all the bones, you'll be eatin your sammich and finding random crunches in your molar.

oh gawd I hate canned salmon.

Are you talking a metal can or some home canned salmon in a glass jar,if its the latter I'd be a little aprehensive as badly canned salmon can kill you.My family usually takes there salmon here http://www.stjeans.com/ and either gets it canned or candied(Honey Glazed Strips of Salmon ) :slurp: .I've been given home canned slamon in the glass jars and I personally don't trust it.

Personally, I abhor the stuff. My dad loves it. He'll pat it out, roll it in cornmeal and fry it up. He does take care to pick out as many little bones as he can first.

I'd rather starve.

I remember eating salmon cakes back in the 70s. They were good and boneless and fairly cheap... but something happend. Now it seems that you can't find a can of salmon without bones and skin. Its like all they do is chop off the head and throw the body into a blender and stuff it into a can. Its gross. You just need to stick with one of those nice 30$/pound smoked salmon fillets.

PrincessLissa said:
I thought about that, but I don't wanna make my poor kitty sick. We are giving it to my sister-in-law as a joke gift. :devious:

*refrains from pointing out the fishing smelling pussy that would make you gag gift line of thought.

{okay tried to refrain}

Leslie said:
It has bones and skin in it Lissa. If you don't pick out all the bones, you'll be eatin your sammich and finding random crunches in your molar.

oh gawd I hate canned salmon.

Ditto!

They LOVE it. Far more than tuna ever. The bones are miniscule, and it's calcium for them. :sick:

Back