Cannibal Fish???

Kittie

Question. I offered to take my friends fish, that is like, 4 inches long. I want to put her in my take, which houses an inch long fish. Will the 4 inch goldfish try to eat the little one?

Help?

:sperm:

Re: Cannible Fish???

Survival of the fittest (bigger badder meaner)

Cannibal

Re: Cannible Fish???

i'm taking care of my brother's three goldfish while he's off at school. He's got a small, medium, and large. The big one used to chase the other two around a bit, especially when there was food to be had, but the smaller ones survived. I think the trick is to have plenty of stuff in the tank that the fish can hide behind/inside. We've got a toy rocket-ship, a fake plant and some larger stones and shells that they can dodge around until the big fish forgets what he's chasing them for. i've heard that goldfish only have ~3 seconds memory, and in observation that seems to be the case.

are your fish goldfish too? if so then you could do it. goldfish dont eat each other but I wouldnt recommend introducing fish into the same tank anyway. Lots of contaminant issues and such you risk. if your fish arent goldfish then no way. tropical fish and goldfish require highly different environments.

Back