Can't find this

FluerVanderloo

Does anyone have any idea where I can start looking for the answer to this question?

"Identify the percentage of the vote for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 in the following districts," then it's followed by 6 different districts across the U.S.

It's part of an assignment that is apparently only supposed to take an hour, but I skipped over it to finish the rest, came back to it, and spent an hour looking but found nothing. I can tell you where to find the percentage who voted for a specific representative by district, but not for the president. I can tell you what percentage of each state voted for Bush, but not the districts. It's really pissing me off.

FluerVanderloo said:
Does anyone have any idea where I can start looking for the answer to this question?

"Identify the percentage of the vote for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 in the following districts," then it's followed by 6 different districts across the U.S.

It's part of an assignment that is apparently only supposed to take an hour, but I skipped over it to finish the rest, came back to it, and spent an hour looking but found nothing. I can tell you where to find the percentage who voted for a specific representative by district, but not for the president. I can tell you what percentage of each state voted for Bush, but not the districts. It's really pissing me off.

Are districts sets of states?
If so, some arithmetic will yield the result.

Luis G said:
Are districts sets of states?
If so, some arithmetic will yield the result.

No, districts are distinct portions of a state that may include all and/or part of counties. Each district gets a representative in Congress.

Maryland isn't one of the states I have to look for, but I have Googled "California election results by district", etc., and I've found results, but not for the presidential election. Just the Senate election.

Inkara1 said:
Isn't all that stuff at the California Secretary of state's web site?

I was thinking about the same thing, go to the individual state and do the search from there...

highwayman said:
I was thinking about the same thing, go to the individual state and do the search from there...

None of the other states have it. I'm going to try the library tonight, though I was already told they don't have the information.

In MO it's called the blue book, but every state would be the Secretary of State that has that info.

I'd just call the local branch of his party. They should be (have to pretend to be) thrilled to do your gruntwork for you.

Back