Can't ya just admit, yer wrong?!!

75renegade

Was talkin' to my fiance' about this topic in a light-hearted way, recently, because I was wrong about some trivial matter, an' I was admitting to her that she was right.

She wasn't tryin' to prove her point at all, I jus' felt the need to remind myself that I'm often wrong, about all kinds of things! :)

I was contemplatin' my need to jus' be more "real" with myself an' others, at times............

She's not too proud to back down when she's wrong about somethin'. Nor is she unwilling to consider my, or another's opinion about a matter, but when she's right, ya best be backin' up the bus!!

I'm the same way. Perhaps in a more dogmatic way, at times. I mean, if I think there's a chance that I could be right about somethin', sometimes, I find myself, tryin' to bullshit my way through the "topic", to buy time 'til I can "strengthen" my stance..........PRIDE KILLS THOUGH!!

With her though, she calls my "bluff", every time, an' I'm learnin' to jus' cut the bullshit and accep my wrongness, when its a possibility, or a fact.:)

What tends to be yer first response, when ya think yer right, an' someone says yer wrong? All defense or thoughtful consideration of an opposing view?

Some of you, may put me to shame in yer level of maturity in this, but I'm still encouraged...........I'm learnin'!:)

When it comes to my boyfriend Rusty, there's a rule in our relationship. Rule #1: Trish is always right.

It's actually a joke because he would ask me a question, I would answer him, and then he would tell me I was wrong. I would say, If you weren't going to accept my answer, why did you ask? And then prove him wrong. :) Hence, Rule #1. I swear, it's happened more times than not.

But seriously, it depends on how I'm approached. If someone approaches me aggressively, I get defensive. If it isn't aggressive, I go the other way and automatically doubt myself. In each situation, I think I go to extremes. It's funny though, I usually don't stop myself and try to think rationally about it, I just react. I should work on that. :)

good questions, btw.

When I know I'm right, I don't admit I'm wrong. When I know I'm wrong, I don't admit I'm right, but I don't admit I'm wrong either, I just kinda hope it fades out of existence. :D

greenfreak said:
When it comes to my boyfriend Rusty, there's a rule in our relationship. Rule #1: Trish is always right.

It's actually a joke because he would ask me a question, I would answer him, and then he would tell me I was wrong. I would say, If you weren't going to accept my answer, why did you ask? And then prove him wrong. :) Hence, Rule #1. I swear, it's happened more times than not.

But seriously, it depends on how I'm approached. If someone approaches me aggressively, I get defensive. If it isn't aggressive, I go the other way and automatically doubt myself. In each situation, I think I go to extremes. It's funny though, I usually don't stop myself and try to think rationally about it, I just react. I should work on that. :)

good questions, btw.

Hey Green, might wanna check out my "Newly-wed" joke in the entertainment forum!:D

It fits nicely here, I think.:)

I make it a habit to NEVER be right.....welll...actually, it just happens that way without me 'trying' at all...:(

Ok, that was just to piss you off.

I'm about the same way as Trish, tell me I'm stupid and wrong, and I'll die proving to you I'm right. Tell me I might be mistaken, or I should think about this point of view, and I'll consider it.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But if I'm right, and I am absolutely 100 percent sure that I'm right, then I'll stick by my side to the bitter end.

Something I tried to do over the years is consider someone else's side. Consider that there might be things that I'm unaware of that would change my mind. That's what I mean by automatically doubting myself and sometimes that's bad but I think it's neccessary.

Let's say, for example, you see someone veer across the road and broadside a second car for no reason that you can see. Road is dry, nothing blocking their lane. You automatically think that the person in car #1 must be a terrible driver and horribly wrong. Then you find out that the person in car #1 had a heart attack and died at the wheel of the car.

I know that's really an extreme but there's been times that I *KNEW* I was right and then something that I didn't consider came into the mix and I turned out to be wrong. It really makes you feel a fool when that happens, trust me.

greenfreak said:
Something I tried to do over the years is consider someone else's side. Consider that there might be things that I'm unaware of that would change my mind. That's what I mean by automatically doubting myself and sometimes that's bad but I think it's neccessary.

Let's say, for example, you see someone veer across the road and broadside a second car for no reason that you can see. Road is dry, nothing blocking their lane. You automatically think that the person in car #1 must be a terrible driver and horribly wrong. Then you find out that the person in car #1 had a heart attack and died at the wheel of the car.

I know that's really an extreme but there's been times that I *KNEW* I was right and then something that I didn't consider came into the mix and I turned out to be wrong. It really makes you feel a fool when that happens, trust me.

However "extreme" it may sound to some, for what its worth, I think its a perfect example of the way I feel about my sense of "rightness" or "wrongness".:D

fury said:
When I know I'm right, I don't admit I'm wrong. When I know I'm wrong, I don't admit I'm right, but I don't admit I'm wrong either, I just kinda hope it fades out of existence. :D

:rofl2::rofl3:

When I'm wrong, I get silent, maybe subtley change the subject.

I'm a big baby. What can I say? A Leo, too. :eek:

You have to accept that even if you think you "know" you are right, you still might not be right. Hardly anyone can do that. Result: War. Famine. Poverty. General sadness in the world.

But in the case of territorial disputes, if you don't stand up for yourself, you'll quickly find yourself conquered.

Back