Capitol Hill: House to Work 5 Days a Week

highwayman

You know what this means? The reps have to actualy go in and work...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/05/AR2006120501342_pf.html
Forget the minimum wage. Or outsourcing jobs overseas. The labor issue most on the minds of members of Congress yesterday was their own: They will have to work five days a week starting in January.

The horror.

Rep. Steny H. Hoyer, the Maryland Democrat who will become House majority leader and is writing the schedule for the next Congress, said members should expect longer hours than the brief week they have grown accustomed to.

"I have bad news for you," Hoyer told reporters. "Those trips you had planned in January, forget 'em. We will be working almost every day in January, starting with the 4th."

Is the Majority Leader gonna fire those who ignore his demands?

It would be a nice start.

I dare say they can't fire... but being the chief means they can probably start screwing with their offices, staff, and budgets. God knows they can be given to a dogwasher committee if they don't lick a certain amount of boots.

The why didn't the (R) leadership play hardball? Maybe something worthwhile would have gotten done & they'd still be in office.

If only they would have made a pretense of getting rid of the pork. The friggin republicans this time around spent money faster than a batchelor party at a strip club.

If only they would have made a pretense of getting rid of the pork. The friggin republicans this time around spent money faster than a batchelor party at a strip club.

No shit, I noticed. My itch is that Bush had not vetoed anything and had not threatoned to veto until recently, at least publicaly...

Back