• The one that came factory

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • An aftermarket one that I added

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • None

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Mirlyn

Got one? Just curious how many have added one, or use the factory alarm, or don't bother at all.

Technically none, but I've got the little stickers on the windows that says I do.

There's not much in my car to steal except the registration, but that's kinda useless without the car, and you kinda need the keys to have the car. :tardbang:

I have one of those ingition lock thingies but no audible alarm. Unless you have lojack, all that other stuff isn't worth shit anyway. Not in NY at least where you hear one go off every hour and ignore it.

Interesting....Up until about two years ago I didn't have any. Then my dad's truck was broken into sitting right next to mine. A month later on New Years Eve they came back and got my stuff too. About $850 worth of stuff in mine alone. I right away had one put in the truck. I also just had a Clifford put in the Mustang about a month ago.

Nobody would have thought it'd happen in our neighborhood. But it did. Quite scary and unsettling--especially in your own driveway, twice.

I keep nothing of value in the car itself just in case. Since I own it now, anything I would get under the insurance would probably be good. My car has a fair aftermarket value.

greenfreak said:
I keep nothing of value in the car itself just in case. Since I own it now, anything I would get under the insurance would probably be good. My car has a fair aftermarket value.

They got the stereo system and a toolbox behind the seat, along with some auto-stuff (jumpercables, tirechains, etc). I only had liability at the time and homeowners' wouldn't pick it up either. Now I've got full coverage and dark tint (can't see things inside).

Wow, that's tough. My old landlord's car was broken into right in front of the house. I actually heard it but I ignored it, thinking it was a noisy neighbor. They didn't get the car but they damaged the steering column, trying to get the cover off. The doors were unlocked.

Once my auto loan is officially satisfied, I could get lesser insurance coverage, drop the comp or collision and the full glass but I don't think I'll do it. It's too valuable when something does go wrong.

I have had one since i bought my car 3 years ago. I live in what used to be a fairly quite suburb. About 6 mos ago my sisters car got broken into with the doors locked all they had to do was shove a flat head screw driver into the door lock and pop the lock out of the hole. Amazingly this happend to about a dozen vehicles that night on our street never caught the culprits. My sister had about $1500 worth of stereo equipment, car accessories stolen and another $1000 worth of inside of the dar damage. Only cars not touched that night were the ones with alarms.

no alarm but i have got a steering wheel lock more sturdily built than the car is :D

i've left it unlocked, without the lock on the steering wheel and still no-one wants to nick my stereo. it doesn't work and i want a new one, so if someone could save me the time of removing it i'd be grateful ;)

Luis G said:
Bad thing is the destroy the dashboard when they take the stereo :D
Yeah, they took a crowbar to the vent window (winglet) of my truck and pried and pried and pried some more to get it open. Finally they broke it, but not before bending the door frame all to hell. They also pulled the dash apart getting the head unit out.

They couldn't get the stereo out of my dad's truck easily, so they went at it with some kind of screwdriver or something. Tore through the padding (94' F150) and then through the plastic. He had a gash going from the stereo location up and over the dash about 8". He had to replace the padded part, something like $150 for it new.

Having installed both stereos originally, I did feel better that they apparently had to work their ass off to get them out. Wish they would have asked for keys though...it would have made my repair jobs much easier. :p

Back