Car Mods

Buttcrackdivine said:
Yes you should, because that proved nothing.

Then you might wanna reread it.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Making modifications to a car isn't stupid at all.

Agreed. To a point. A wing on a Civic is past the point.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Spending excessive amounts on PC parts when one won't really be pushing the PC to it's extent most of it's existence, or owning 5 or 6 PCs when you only have need for one (unless you run all owned PCs at once any given time).

Could you finish this one? It just kinda runs out and goes nowhere.

Buttcrackdivine said:
It's a car, you work hard to buy one so rightly enough it isn't retarded or redundant to spends money on one for further modifications. It is a hobby and nothing more.

Again, agreed. To a point. Y'see, it's not so much the mods I've a problem with. It's what their moding. Hopping up a car for show, or to be able to say "I did it" is an admirable goal. But noone's gonna applaud for a stock Civic with a bolt on tail pipe with an LED inside, and a sheetmetal wing that'll come flying off at anything over 40MPH. Personally, I've never seen the point of spending the money on a Civic in the first place. It's a sub compact. An econobox. No matter what the marketing dept wants you to think.

You'd be better off starting with a solid platform like an old Monte Carlo, or Buick Regal. Maybe a Nova. Spend a few hundred getting the body back into shape, and then you've got something to work with. A stock 350 in a Nova's gonna kick the balls off any cheap japinabox. Add the same money for the turbo you want for the Civic and you'll tear your tires off the Chevy. Take the cost of that stereo and shoehorn in the new 572 that GM's crating. Now, you're impressing me.

And the back seat's big enough to get some action too. Try that in a Civic .... without a prybar.

Civic's are popular among the young crowd. I personally prefer old cars worked on. Not tripped up cars with excessive, uneeded equipment but restored old classics with superior jobs that take the meaning of restoration to a new level. Civics and other japanese cars that are popular among the drag racing crowds can be eye pleasing also but they run the risk of wearing out their art due to every other teen having them these days.

To me a beautiful mod job is a classic corvette redone in all blue with a superior paintjob thats like glass with a completely restored interior consisting of white leather, topped with chrome panels and Blue Led lights and odometer meters. New engine, all chrome, with a sweet decal that represents the spirit of the car.

I have seen equally excellent cars (Monte carlos, Sting rays etc etc) given new life by vetern car modifiers.

Also amazing bikes by the likes of Indian Larry and Jessie james aren't too shabby either. Billie Lane also makes some amazing rides.

How about this for a mod?

crash-plane-car.jpg

I am a lifelong fan of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo. I have owned two and will own one again someday most likely :)

I'm a fan of not standing out from the crowd around here so the little bastards nick my fucking car!

Mods stay under the hood.

"Low-ri-der... "

From a distance you could be forgiven for thinking it had sunk! I wonder if the owner's a midget? :lol:

Aunty Em said:
"Low-ri-der... "

From a distance you could be forgiven for thinking it had sunk! I wonder if the owner's a midget? :lol:

That's what I thought when I spotted the thumbnail :eek:

Back