Cardiopulmonary resuscitation

Can you perform CPR?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
those who work for The Family are "required" to be certified in CPR and First Aide. So far, I've only had to use my First Aid skills ... ku'u calls me Nurse Garmon

... night nurse ...
only you can quench 'dis here thirst ...
my night nurse ...

:brow:

thank god we've never had to use it yet ... we usually just slap people around til they get up

:D

nalani said:
thank god we've never had to use it yet ... we usually just slap people around til they get up

:confuse3: You mean that's not how you do it Nan? Hmmm, perhaps I better take the course again.

halamikage said:
nalani said:

:confuse3: You mean that's not how you do it Nan? Hmmm, perhaps I better take the course again.

no .. you're getting your courses mixed up .. you're talking about Pua's "Build A Bridge and Get Over It - Before I Make You" course ...

:headbang:

I had to take a CPR refresher every year and was an instructor at one point. I've had to use it quite a bit over the years, and it's not fun. CPR on a dummy is quite different than on a real person.

Gato's right, it's not as easy as it looks. You start off well but after time, you get tired and it's not as effective. That's why one of the first things you ask is if anyone else knows CPR so they can switch with you.

My parents watched their best friend die in front of them because out of a full tavern, no one knew CPR. It takes a few hours to take a class and you can most likely find one for free.

One of the 10 year old girls that I taught in a class saved her mother's life less than 2 months after taking the course by giving her the Heimlick Maneuver. There's no question that it's worth it to learn, but so many people never do.

Professur said:
:rimshot:

jesus f-ing christ Prof, don't scare me like this. My mom already almost gave me a heartattack this morning. I woke at 3am needing to pee so I stumbled out to the bathroom and peed and I was on my way back to my room and I thought I heard footsteps downstairs but I decided I was crazy so I took a few more steps and heard someone coming up over the stairs, I paniced and yelled "Who's there?!" as my mom came around the corner...she was downstairs letting the dog outside but I thought she was in bed...man I'm glad I'm only 22 cause if my heart was not in good shape i mighta died right then and there.

hey I say if you're having a heart attack
you deserve to die
like me bustin' yer sternum is going to make a
hell of a lot of difference?

Winky said:
hey I say if you're having a heart attack
you deserve to die
like me bustin' yer sternum is going to make a
hell of a lot of difference?

4 out of 5 times, it doesnt.
gotta love that feel of every rib busting loose from the sternum. if the heart attack doesnt kill ya, the lacerated internal organs surely will.
3 letters: DNR

four outta five huh
well the para-medic next door musta not been kidding
when he said that in the event of a real heart attack
if he can't get to you in the first nine minutes (or less, from onset)
you'd not wanna be bought back as you'd be all veggie-like

well it sure beats dying of cancer I guess

excuse me I'm goin' out fer a 'nother smoke

Back