Case Mod

PostCode

Major contributor!
I've finially gotten around to doing this. The case in question came black along with a SOny CD-ROM and floppy drive. I picked up some vinyl paint for the plastic areas, like the CDRW drive faceplate and the power connectors for the case and the power supply. It works on the wiring on the power supply pretty good, but I've got to figure out a way to seperate the individual wires in order to get around them. I've got the case torn down to the base frame and it just underwent the second coat of matte black. After the paint job is done then I'll reassemble that portion. I've got to paint all the little pieces, like the feet, the slot covers and then all the screws (I'm not sure how that's going to work yet). I'm going to paint the power supply a matte black as well to blend in with the inside of the case as well as the back side.

So far I've yet to figure out what I'm goig to do for the side. Cut a large hole and do the window thing or design something and cut that out. Maybe just paint something like words or whatever. That part I'm still trying to figure out. Anyway, the end goal is to have a view of the inside with some black lights. Thus the reason I painted the inside black, to reduce the amount of reflection from the silver color of the case. Now, I want it to basically highlight the window is their is one and not the iside of the case., which is why I purchased six black IDE cables and a black floppy cable. I've got to get one more black IDE cable for the CD's. The other four will be for the RocketRaid 133 with four 80GB drives running RAID 0 so I've got to do a small mod on the inside of the case to create a slot in order to insert the extra drive bays.

I'll post a few pictures as time goes by o this one. I have no fucking clue what the hell I'm going to do to the side though. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Here's an idea I was playing with. Taking all the screws and the fan grills and paint tose a candy apple red then clear coat them. Thoughts?

get some black light reactive paint for your grilles and PCB edges, i was going to do that last summer, then i just lost the motivation

tommyj27 said:
get some black light reactive paint for your grilles and PCB edges, i was going to do that last summer, then i just lost the motivation

Hmmm....mine already somewhat reacts to the light....do you mean a different color? I used to have a MSI K7T Pro2A that was green....it was really reactive. RMA'ed it and got a K7T Turbo2 which is red and doesn't react as much.

Back