Cat Cafe...

Mare

Felines Dine In Style At New Cat Cafe
Eatery Designed Especially For Cats

POSTED: 8:37 am EDT August 20, 2004
UPDATED: 9:41 am EDT August 20, 2004

NEW YORK -- Dressed in a tuxedo, Simba sat at the front of one of Manhattan's newest dining establishments and nodded at people who greeted him.

Slideshow:Images Of Kitty Cafe

FeedRoom

Cafe In New York Caters To Cats

Then he yawned, began to roll on the floor and lick his paws.

That's acceptable behavior at the Meow Mix Cafe, a new eatery designed especially for cats and their human owners.

Simba, an 8-month-old kitten, was joined by about two dozen other tabbies, Persians and Burmese for a feast at Tuesday's grand opening of the cafe, which is owned by the Meow Mix Company, a Secaucus, N.J.-based cat food maker.

"Why not take your cat out for dinner?" asked Simba's owner, Leah Thompson, 19. "There's always things for dogs, but never cats."

The midtown restaurant serves Meow Mix packets for its feline customers with corresponding dishes to satisfy human palates. "Deep Sea Delight" mackerel for cats is paired with tuna rolls for cat owners; "Upstream Dream" salmon for felines corresponds with mini crab cakes for humans.

Meow Mix president and CEO Richard Thompson said the feline-friendly restaurant has two main rules: no dogs and no catnip, which must be checked at the door.

"Our goal is to keep cats happy," Thompson said. "The idea is that you can bring them and start socializing them."

Granted I LOVE cats-but what next???

There's no way in hell I'd be able to take my cat to something like that (as insane as it is). I guess there are some cats out there in the world that socialize and like other animals, but Jane? No. She'd have a fit.

I guess any cat hair in the food is free? *lol*

Instead if creating a cafe, why doesn't Meow Mix take that money and put it towards something good, like the animals in shelters, or income based spays and stuff, instead they make a gourmet cafe for cats. Ugh *rolleyes*

PrincessLissa said:
Instead if creating a cafe, why doesn't Meow Mix take that money and put it towards something good, like the animals in shelters, or income based spays and stuff, instead they make a gourmet cafe for cats. Ugh *rolleyes*
Why not move to France, you Commie. ;)

Unbelievable! That is just too funny! I'm not sure any of my cats would sit in a room with a bunch of strange cats, no matter what food I put in front of them. :lol2:

PrincessLissa said:

They probably expect to make all their money back very quickly...with making a donation they wouldn't get the money back...I'm not saying it's RIGHT or that I agree with their reasoning...but it is reality...they should take some of their profits and donate to shelters though for sure! Or atleast donate some food to shelters!

I know my cats would be kicking some ass in a place like that. At least trying to anyway.

My kitty would hiss and freak out and get into fights.

Reality sucks. Personal profit is held higher than even human life most of the time, why the hell would they care about cats? They just pretend to care about pet OWNERS so they can make some money.

they don't serve the food my cats like anyway...mo likes ice cream and spaghettio's and barlowe likes fruit. hermione likes her food...well...live.

Luis G said:
if you want to give your cat a good time, let it go in the nights :D :D
Mine haven't given me that option. You wanna try to keep them in when they want out? Not me. :eek:

I swear, when I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about a cafe that had cats on the menu . . . :retard:

Back