Certified!

Aunty Em

I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that I am now offically certified... CompTIA A+ Certified that is. ;)

Dammit I hate it when you say that! :p

I've junked the textbooks till September... then I'll be working on the Network +.

I'm planning the MCSA or MCSE after networking. If I take the MCSA my A+ and N+ will count as my optional choice so I only have to take the 3 core exams.

It will depend on what job I get.

Cool. Network+ isn't very hard either, but there's more stuff that you won't use all the time to memorize. I think I'm doing Linux+ next because it will be easy for me and we're changing from SCO to RedHat Enterprise @ work soon.

OSI model. Learn it. Love it.

The OSI model sticks out as the most completely useless think that I've ever learned.

Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away.
Physical Datalink Network Transport Session Presentation Application

Remember, TCP/UDP = Transport, IP = Network.

A lot of the kids that I'm good friends with, I met three years ago while starting Net+ study. We all took the test on the same day, Jan 27, 2004.

Heh, I even remember being able to brag because I got an 846 and my friend got a 780 or something.

Professur said:

Look, I remember obscure things.

For example, the post that got me banned second time was 'yo, i be pimpin my site, g dogs'

it was the day I discovered that authority figures do not have a sense of humor

chcr said:
Cool. Network+ isn't very hard either, but there's more stuff that you won't use all the time to memorize. I think I'm doing Linux+ next because it will be easy for me and we're changing from SCO to RedHat Enterprise @ work soon.

So how many kernels have you compiled? :D

Altron said:
OSI model. Learn it. Love it.

The OSI model sticks out as the most completely useless think that I've ever learned.

Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away.
Physical Datalink Network Transport Session Presentation Application

Remember, TCP/UDP = Transport, IP = Network.

A lot of the kids that I'm good friends with, I met three years ago while starting Net+ study. We all took the test on the same day, Jan 27, 2004.

Heh, I even remember being able to brag because I got an 846 and my friend got a 780 or something.

No way, dude. The OSI model is very helpful...VERY HELPFUL...when designing, maintaining and troubleshooting network problems. It's also very helpful in determining who the problem belongs to.

Luis G said:
So how many kernels have you compiled? :D
5 or 6. I apt-get upgrade 'em nowadays. Much easier. :nerd:

From what I can tell though, there is absolutely nothing on the Linux+ test regarding compiling a kernel though.

Gotta go with rr on the OSI model though. You don't need it everyday (I don't anyway), but if I have a problem that doesn't have an obvious solution I start going through the layers (starting from Physical). I almost always find the problem that way.

That latest 2.6 was extremely different to configure, at many options I was thinking to myself 'WTF does this do?' I almost felt like a n00b. :eek:

Luis G said:
That latest 2.6 was extremely different to configure, at many options I was thinking to myself 'WTF does this do?' I almost felt like a n00b. :eek:
See, I just look for support for stuff I have and things I wanna do and ignore the rest. I have 2.6.15.4 right now on my PC. 2.4.something or other on my server.

chcr said:
5 or 6. I apt-get upgrade 'em nowadays. Much easier. :nerd:

From what I can tell though, there is absolutely nothing on the Linux+ test regarding compiling a kernel though.

Gotta go with rr on the OSI model though. You don't need it everyday (I don't anyway), but if I have a problem that doesn't have an obvious solution I start going through the layers (starting from Physical). I almost always find the problem that way.

I DO use it every day, but it comes with the territory (network engineering).

Back