Chat space

MrBishop

I'm almost sure that this has been brought up before, but will there be a chat-space on OTC?

I'd love to 'live-talk' with some of y'all.

There more than likely will not be because it tends to slow down traffic on the boards. You need a much bigger and more active board to sustain both a chat and a board. The shoutbox is as close as we will get until we hit a few more growth spirts atleast.

Call me old fashioned, but what is the big deal with chat rooms? Why can't you chat here.....like your doing now?

alex said:
Call me old fashioned, but what is the big deal with chat rooms? Why can't you chat here.....like your doing now?

Well...so far, this conversation has spanned over a few days...it's less spontaneous and some of the stuff said becomes irrelevant as time passes...world events occur etc...

This is bulletin board...I like it as such, but to use it for casual conversation (back and forth) seems a waste of web-space (because everything is archived for a while).

It's also open for everyone to peruse through... take things out of context....reply to and cause havok with. It's interrupteable as well.

Don't worry about it...if it's a matter of bandwidth, I'm not going to sacrifice OTC for my petty needs :) :glasses3:

Not bandwidth, people tend to stop posting as much with a chat though.

we get this request fairly regularly and are resistant to it in general, mainly because as nix said it tends to wipe traffic off the boards.

i'd recommend you msn/icq/aim/yahoo with members here though, you'll find a fair number of people out there use them.

And PMs are a good way to set up online meetings. 'Sides, Aunty Em has a chatroom on her site already. Not that you'll ever meet anyone there.

Back