Cheese!

BlurOfSerenity

käse, queso, fromage... any variant thereof..

who likes cheese?

i myself was inspired to create this thread, as i am eating a piece of cheese. god knows what kind it is... some monks made it, and the package said "mild" :)
what's your favorite cheese?
despite how common it is, i personally find it hard to top cheddar. a nice, sharp cheddar. i let it sit out and warm to room temp before eating... i recall hearing that cheddar's not meant to be eaten cold. ^_^
i tried Cheshire cheese. why? because it inspired the Cheshire Cat from alice in wonderland... some kind of it was once sold in the shape of a grinning cat! the verdict on that cheese was that i like it! it's kinda crumbly, but quite good.
i do not like brie or bleu cheese.
gouda is good :)
and these monk-cheeses my aunt and uncle keep sending us at xmas are very good, too.
i used to think swiss cheese tasted like dish-soap, but now i put it on nearly all sandwiches. it's great.
emental... i think i spelt that right... i tasted it once at a german/american day my deutschklasse went to, it was ok.

and i hate american cheese. it's... bad.

anyhow...

now it's your turn to ramble about cheese!!

I LOVE QUESADILLAS WITH CHORIZO!!!! :D :D :headbang:

Types of cheese i like: oaxaca, chihuahua, asadero, gouda, cheddar.

Luis G said:
I LOVE QUESADILLAS WITH CHORIZO!!!! :D :D :headbang:

Types of cheese i like: oaxaca, chihuahua, asadero, gouda, cheddar.
when i was in puerto vallarta 2 years ago we did a lot of our own shopping and some of the cheese we picked up was amazing. i want to say it was the oaxaca but i could be dead wrong.

Jarlsberg all the way. and nothing like a soft romano with a big knife and stick of pepperoni and a glass of burgandy... capiche?

Thulsa Doom said:
...and nothing like a soft romano with a big knife and stick of pepperoni and a glass of burgandy... capiche?
God that sounds good - just throw in a loaf of french bread and I would be in cheesy-pepperoni heaven! :licklips:

I like all kinds of cheese, but my favorite is sharp cheddar, the sharper the better. Alone, with crackers, with apples or especially melted over hot apple pie.

over hot apple pie? now there's something i have not tred... but given my liking of fruit with cheese, i think i'll give that a whirl :)

Make it three.....sharp cheddar.

Smoked cheddar is great too. Swiss goes great with ham and mayo in a wheat sandwich.

Cheese: milk's leap to immortality! not my quote, by the way, unfortunately

I adore cheese, especially sheep's milk cheeses like Manchego, Feta, Roquefort. Aged white Cheddar is good, as is Camembert, Gorgonzola, Provolone, Appenzeller, Emmentaler, all kinds of chevre.....

If I'm lucky enough to be in a restaurant that offers a cheese course, that's my dessert -- the perfect way to finish off the wine left in the bottle. :D

Oh! and that presliced stuff that comes individually wrapped, kinda orange in color? That's not cheese.... dunno what it is, but cheese it ain't.. :p

Someone explain what velveeta is? It sounds disgusting.... :sick:

I love all kinds of cheeses... blues = especially some of the locals we have here... stilton... gorgonzola then there's the soft cheeses like brie and camembert of course.... and there's this one soft white that we get over here that's been rolled in volcanic ashy type stuff... very unusual...

Feta.... especially goats feta, and chevre, and provolone, and pecorino.... we gotta port wine cheddar in the fridge that I'm eyeing up... trying to be good though after scarfing down all that chocolate over xmas....

I want to try roquefort cheese, but unfortunately we can't get it in NZ cos as far as I can ascertain, it's unpastuerised, and something like that would never make it's way into NZ... Guess I'll just have to wait, and try it in France. *sigh*

BoP, velveeta ia a processed cheese spread thing that melts very easily making it invaluable in casseroles and dips...but it's nasty by itself.

EZ cheese! i used to love that stuff when i was a kid.....icky now....loaded with sodium anyway.

tonks said:
BoP, velveeta ia a processed cheese spread thing that melts very easily making it invaluable in casseroles and dips...but it's nasty by itself.

Melted with a big jar of hot salsa it's a party though.

Back