Cheney ignores Constitution and says he's not in Executive branch

Illegal hell, we make the law up as we go along!
We don't need no stinkin' oversight!

You see Spikey old boy, a suitcase nuke is the last
thing you commies want even if your behavior
is part and parcel to causing one to go off.

It will be a dark day (after) for you Is-lamo fascist sympathizer
surrender monkeys.

If one of you pipes up with:
'We deserved it"
you'll be pickin' yerself up off the floor!

Q: when is it OK to kick a man when he's down?
A:when he's a limp dick Liberal!

Legalese. Every executive has played with it.

He may have a point. The Constitution does not specify what powers or positiosn the VP holds, save for Senate President & fill in President, if need be.

As much as I like Cheney, this may be over the top.

Still ain't got layed yet Tonks

lin.JPG

betcha thought I forgot!

Illegal hell, we make the law up as we go along!
We don't need no stinkin' oversight!

You see Spikey old boy, a suitcase nuke is the last
thing you commies want even if your behavior
is part and parcel to causing one to go off.

It will be a dark day (after) for you Is-lamo fascist sympathizer
surrender monkeys.

If one of you pipes up with:
'We deserved it"
you'll be pickin' yerself up off the floor!

Q: when is it OK to kick a man when he's down?
A:when he's a limp dick Liberal!

They'll get oversight whether you think they need it or not. You Nazis can keep praying for a suitcase bomb to save your convict laden ass clown terrorist supportin' nutless party but freedom lovin' Americans ain't buying into your crack haze.

We'll be kickin' you when you're down for many years to come! :laugh:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/06/20050628-4.html

Section 4 defines which executive departments are subject to the executive order. There's The Department of
State/Treasury/Defense/Agriculture/Commerce/ Transportation/Army/Navy/Air Force but I can't find "The Department of the Vice President" listed in the US Code...

Sec. 4. Definitions. As used in this order:

1. the term "agencies" means: (i) any "executive department" as defined in section 101 of title 5, United States Code, as well as the Department of Homeland Security; (ii) any "military department" as defined in section 102 of title 5, United States Code; (iii) any "government corporation" as defined in section 103 of title 5, United States Code; and (iv) any "independent establishment" as defined in section 104 of title 5, United States Code, but excluding the Government Accountability Office and including the United States Postal Service and the Postal Rate Commission.

See also: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/

(assbracket?? I've heard of asshat as in "Sir, you are an asshat." ;)

From the actual order once again.

(b) “Agency” means any “Executive agency,” as defined in 5 U.S.C. 105; any “Military department” as defined in 5 U.S.C. 102; and any other entity within the executive branch that comes into the possession of classified information.

To be exempt either he doesn’t have access to classified information or is not an entity within the executive branch. That's it.

Which one are you going with?

"....and any other entity within the executive branch that comes into the possession of classified information....."

To be exempt either he doesn’t have access to classified information or is not an entity within the executive branch. That's it.

I would like to see how cut and dried it really is.

Somehow I missed the original link to the "actual order." The one that speaks of "an entity within the executive branch that comes into possession of classified information."

Would you please provide it?

(b) “Agency” means any “Executive agency,” as defined in 5 U.S.C. 105; any “Military department” as defined in 5 U.S.C. 102; and any other entity within the executive branch that comes into the possession of classified information.

USCode 105:

For the purpose of this title, "Executive agency" means an
Executive department, a Government corporation, and an independent
establishment.

USCode 102:

The military departments are:
The Department of the Army.
The Department of the Navy.
The Department of the Air Force.

102 or 105 Describes the Office of the Vice President?

The Office of the Vice President is not in there anywhere, therefore it is not an Executive branch agency or department. :shrug:

Just another example of a partisan witch hunt.

Uh, they define "Agency" for purposes of the order in the actual order.

Bolded the part you're ignoring for you. Now if you want to argue that he's not an "entity" or never comes into possession of classified info go right ahead. :laugh:

Otherwise you got nothing left.

All depends on how you spin your definition of "definition", cowboy. How do you really think this will turn out in the next few months? Be honest.

All we can be certain of is that the Whitehouse will continue to embarrass themselves and many republicans will continue to be blind to the corruption.

Back