Chevy PT Cruiser?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The idea that General Motors Corp. could buy Chrysler Group has many heads shaking in bemusement, but some who watch the U.S. auto industry say the concept might actually gain traction.

One of the big reasons cited for accepting such a prospect as credible is that by acquiring Chrysler Group, which builds more than 2.5 million vehicles a year, GM would put a stop to talk that it is about to be overtaken as the world's largest automaker by Japanese juggernaut Toyota Motor Corp.

LA Times

It makes sense but, damn, it'll be down to the Big Two :(

LA Times

It makes sense but, damn, it'll be down to the Big Two :(

i'm not sure a chevy nameplate could make a PT cruiser any worse.... though it very well could make the next POS vehicle take longer to design and get into manufacturing....

i just hope ford doesn't croak, even though it kinda deserves to at this point.

chrsyler deserved to die a long time ago - they shoulda died, without the aid of corporate welfare. fuckin' K car.... eeeew....

Industry insiders say they've discussed collaborating on an SUV but that There's been no serious talk of a merger. At least that's what they said on Autoweek and in the latest TIA newsletter. :shrug:

you guys still got a car industry?

that's so old hat!
:tomato:

Ours has been fucked for ages :shrug:

Even if they merge, GM and Chryslers are still crap anyway. Granted, GM is less worse than Chryslers thou.

The Chrysler line has improved immensely, since the 70s (or was it dropping the UAW?)

looked at the 'Grand voyager' for a crew car - looked nice - we were just concerned about reliability, from what people said of them -

have they improved any?

looked at the 'Grand voyager' for a crew car - looked nice - we were just concerned about reliability, from what people said of them -

have they improved any?

considering that their design philosophy is (still) "go cheap anywhere that the consumer won't directly see it," i wouldn't consider them "improved."

considering that their design philosophy is (still) "go cheap anywhere that the consumer won't directly see it," i wouldn't consider them "improved."

That and making 1.8L engines with barely over 100HP :lol:

well they built the PT cruiser on a dodge neon platform. great decision there. too much crap on a teeny little platform. underpowered. lumbering, awkward turns. that's cost-cutting fer you. i'd rather pay more and drive something that wasn't an afterthought...

A turbocharged 2.4-liter 16-valve 4-cylinder DOHC engine producing 180 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque is available on PT Cruiser Limited.

Ridiculous :rofl4:

Let's see, even the spaniards can squeeze 180hp from a 1.8L engine: Link.

Back